Ablett from Sheffield

Ask questions and share your knowlege about custom knives. Make sure to show off your stuff if you are a knife maker or collector.
TinyDee

Ablett from Sheffield

Post by TinyDee »

I recently got a Trevor Ablett knife from Littlemesters in Sheffield. I had heard this and that but have to say this is a handmade knife. Trevor works twelve hour days, six plus days a week and does these knives. I think they are very good and a decent price. This is a handmade folder and that is what we all like. Just give a look to these places,

http://www.littlemesters.com

http://www.sheffield-pocketknives.com

Interested in anyone else that has one.
smiling-knife

Post by smiling-knife »

Hi Tiny Dee. Those look like nice knives. Which one did you buy? I'm a bit partial to the buffalo horn handles. :) s-k
smiling-knife

Bought one

Post by smiling-knife »

Hi TinyDee. I couldn't resist. I bought one. Thanks for the tip ::tu:: s-k
Attachments
ettrickdblBolsterBuff.jpg
ettrickdblBolsterBuff.jpg (44.28 KiB) Viewed 4643 times
TinyDee

Post by TinyDee »

Actually, I bought two, one very similar to the one posted and another two blade. I love the Sheeps foot blade. I have talked via email with Nigel at Littlemesters and he tells me that Trevor works six and a half days a week, twelve hours and up. I am happy you tried him. I do not have the Sheeps horn by the way and am curious how it holds up for you. Thanks
smiling-knife

Post by smiling-knife »

Hi TinyDee. I'll let you know what I think once I get it, but it looks good to me. I debated over getting a rosewood two blade knife so If i like this one I might get another. If you like the sheepsfoot, please check-out one of my knives under the Three Knice Knives posting from a week or so ago. If you have not seen it already that is. Thanks again for the tip on this one. I like to support the hardworking little guy. ::tu:: s-k.
SEVENTY

Ablett Knives

Post by SEVENTY »

TinyDee: I checked out the links and his work is
exceptional. My thoughts became bogged down in Pound Sterling
conversion to US Dollars.....got any suggestions ?
Without faith, it is imposible to please Him: for
he who comes to God, must believe that He is and a rewarder of those that diligently seek Him. Heb.11:6 NASV
TinyDee

Post by TinyDee »

You can send a email to Nigel at Litlemesters and he will give you the dollar amount. I am sure it is on the internet, and last time I checked, I think it was like 1.77 or so. That is a $1.77 cents to the pound.. SOmeone help me if I am totally wrong here.
SEVENTY

Ablett Knives

Post by SEVENTY »

Thanks TinyDee, that helps. I favor the Farmer with
double bolsters because of the fatter blade ::tu::
he who comes to God, must believe that He is and a rewarder of those that diligently seek Him. Heb.11:6 NASV
SEVENTY

Ablett Knives

Post by SEVENTY »

Thanks TinyDee, that helps. I favor the Farmer with
double bolsters because of the fatter blade ::tu::

Return to “Custom Knives”