letter opener

Ask questions and share your knowlege about custom knives. Make sure to show off your stuff if you are a knife maker or collector.
hellize

letter opener

Post by hellize »

Letter opener

Its total length is 24 cm / 9.5 inch, with a 12.5 cm / 5 inch long blade, forged of 5160 carbon steel.
The handle is made of brass, bone, wenge and padouk

https://hellize.wixsite.com/mysite/knives
Attachments
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
csizmar szilard
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: letter opener

Post by doglegg »

Pretty fancy letter opener. I doubt it could ever be worn out. Excellent and beautiful work Csizmar. ::nod:: ::nod::
hellize

Post by hellize »

doglegg wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:35 pm Pretty fancy letter opener. I doubt it could ever be worn out. Excellent and beautiful work Csizmar. ::nod:: ::nod::
Glad you like it! :)
Well, I would be pretty surprised if a few letters could worn out this baby ;)
csizmar szilard
deo-pa
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by deo-pa »

A beauty! I was poking around the galleries on your website and I’m wondering what determines whether or not you put your signature mark (the deeply stamped animal track) on a piece? Do you have criteria or is it a matter of whim? I’ve always liked that mark for its simplicity.

Dennis
hellize

Post by hellize »

deo-pa wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:23 pm A beauty! I was poking around the galleries on your website and I’m wondering what determines whether or not you put your signature mark (the deeply stamped animal track) on a piece? Do you have criteria or is it a matter of whim? I’ve always liked that mark for its simplicity.

Dennis
Thanks! :)
You don't see it on some of my blades on the site, because it is on the other side.
Besides that, some doesn't have it because they are too small, like this little dagger, and again others doesn't have it because sometimes I forget to hammer it in.
There is no real mystery here.
csizmar szilard
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Very beautiful knife ! And what a fine pointy tip. I'm sure it can do more than just open letters. In a dire situation it could save your life.
kj
hellize

Post by hellize »

kootenay joe wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:52 pm Very beautiful knife ! And what a fine pointy tip. I'm sure it can do more than just open letters. In a dire situation it could save your life.
kj
Glad you like it! :)
Yeah, I also like the pointiness of this one. For a bit I was imagining it being used for mining arrowheads out of tree trunks.
csizmar szilard

Return to “Custom Knives”