wenge and damascus

Ask questions and share your knowlege about custom knives. Make sure to show off your stuff if you are a knife maker or collector.
hellize

wenge and damascus

Post by hellize »

What's up everyone?

I have a freshly made little cutter to show.
It is 20.5 cm long overall, with a 9.5 cm long , 3.7 cm wide and 4 mm thick blade. That is 8 inch in total with a 3.75 inch blade ;)
The handle is made of bull horn and wenge and the blade is forged of 5160, 1.2516 and L6 steels with around 200 layers.
The sheath is made of thick cow hide.
Attachments
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
csizmar szilard
Montanaman

Re: wenge and damascus

Post by Montanaman »

Looks like a great knife to carry, the wenge really mates to the pattern in the damascus. I bet it holds a nice edge, too. Thanks for sharing.
hellize

Post by hellize »

Montanaman wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:38 pm Looks like a great knife to carry, the wenge really mates to the pattern in the damascus. I bet it holds a nice edge, too. Thanks for sharing.
Glad you like it! :) Yeah, wenge is really nice wood. It is one of my favourite too.
Yes, this combination of steel is really good. In my opinion it is an optimum choice. ;)
csizmar szilard
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Untypical quality and beauty that is typically found in your knives. Uncommon craftsmanship is very common to your work. Even without a story that knife is a stand out. Although I do remember reading in a volume dusty with mold around the spine of a certain group of fairy creatures who often lived in hollow wenge trees whose pipe smoke was known to stained the wood in that pattern. Thanks for sharing. ::nod:: ::nod:: ::handshake::
hellize

Post by hellize »

doglegg wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:43 pm Untypical quality and beauty that is typically found in your knives. Uncommon craftsmanship is very common to your work. Even without a story that knife is a stand out. Although I do remember reading in a volume dusty with mold around the spine of a certain group of fairy creatures who often lived in hollow wenge trees whose pipe smoke was known to stained the wood in that pattern. Thanks for sharing. ::nod:: ::nod:: ::handshake::
Thanks! :) You are too kind!
Btw. your little shorty might just give an idea ;)
csizmar szilard

Return to “Custom Knives”