Anyone recognize this?

Ask questions and share your knowlege about custom knives. Make sure to show off your stuff if you are a knife maker or collector.
OSCAR

Anyone recognize this?

Post by OSCAR »

Fellow knife collectors:
I bought this several years ago. Damascus blade, buffalo horn handles. The steer hide sheath has fur on outside. I was told by seller that the maker is from Texas. His mark is nearly impossible to read, as it is stamped in the Damascus. Looks like initials, possibly B and one more. The letters are stylized, making it even harder to make them out. As a matter of curiosity I’d like to know who made it.
Regardless, the grind, fit, polishing and Damascus pattern is awesome. If anyone can recognize the maker, please let me know. Thanks. Oscar
Attachments
Unknown maker
Unknown maker
"The Edge...There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
Doc B

Re: Anyone recognize this?

Post by Doc B »

Nice looking knife! ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu::
Heretical Refurb / Mods of cheap old folders, since late 2018
OSCAR

Post by OSCAR »

Thanks Doc. I’m just curious who made it.
"The Edge...There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
Montanaman

Post by Montanaman »

It has all the hallmarks of a Pakastani import, and that is what I presume it is.
OSCAR

Post by OSCAR »

Montanaman....ALL Paki knives I have seen are poorly made trash.... If this one is, they have come a long way.... The knife is as good as ANY I've ever seen. I doubt it is an import....
Montanaman

Post by Montanaman »

Nothing about that knife looks quality to me, I stand by what I said and have a fair bit of knowledge about custom made knives. All Pakistan made knives are not trash.
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Quote: "All Pakistan made knives are not trash."
i agree. And they are getting better just as china made knives have done and Japan made before that.
India and Pakistan are growing economically and fast. Before too long they will be major economic powers like China is now. It is easy to get stuck in how things were and not realize that major changes have occurred and continue to occur.
kj
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

I'm a firm believer if it's a custom made knife from a maker here in the USA, they tell you....there's nothing like bragging with your
stamp, but it's never faint.....
Now, that's my opinion.....
SCOTT
HOME OF THE BRAVE! (not the scarety cats)

Colonial Knife Company History ebook:
https://gumroad.com/l/ZLDb
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Looks like real Raindrop Damascus, not the faked stuff. Any clues on the sheath? ::shrug::
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

I have had unmarked custom knives from U.S. knife makers. It is not uncommon but more often part time knife makers. Some guys just love making knives and don't care if they do not get any recognition.
kj

Return to “Custom Knives”