Tim Withers Stockton Big Bear

Ask questions and share your knowlege about custom knives. Make sure to show off your stuff if you are a knife maker or collector.
Wally Taylor

Tim Withers Stockton Big Bear

Post by Wally Taylor »

Tim's knives are very hard to come by. He has a hardcore following, and he's a full-time plumbing contractor. This makes his knifemaking time very limited. Anyway, through some miracle I was able to buy one of Tim's earlier Big Bear Sub Hilts, So here it is. The Holy Grail of Tim Withers' knives
The attachment image.jpeg is no longer available
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Attachments
image.jpeg
kootenay joe

Re: Tim Withers Stockton Big Bear

Post by kootenay joe »

I do not know of this knife maker but it is an impressive knife with crisp grinds. Is there a sheath that comes with it ?
kj
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Mr. Taylor, that is an exquisite knife. I can see why you like his work. ::nod::
Wally Taylor

Post by Wally Taylor »

Thank You for the compliments. Tim has made around 100 knives at this point. Yes, here's the sheath. The knife has never been in it to avoid any blade scratching. Tim does put very soft leather inside of his sheaths though.[oattachment=0]image.jpeg[/attachment]
Attachments
image.jpeg
Wally Taylor

Post by Wally Taylor »

Here's a Woolly Mammoth handled custom Chute Knife that Tim Withers made for me. We left out the lanyard hole, because Ron Skaggs and Stan Hawkins are each going to scrimshaw the scales for me, so we left it solid instead of with the hole. Ron and Stan are both friends of mine, so it was easy to talk hem into doing a "team" finish on the
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
scales. The Woolly Mammoth on the sheath was done by Ron. I really love this knife already, and it isn't even finished.
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Have you decided yet what you will get scrimshawed into the handle ? The choices are infinite and therefore difficult.
I have seen a sheath like that with the woolly mammoth head mounted the same way but i cannot recall what knife it was associated with.
Pictures are a challenge with mirror polished blades. It is hard to make out the blade grinds.
kj
Wally Taylor

Post by Wally Taylor »

I think the side showing when sheathed is going to be a Sabre Tooth Tiger. Everything is going to be from th Pleistocene Period. You may have seen this same knife, as I posted it several places about 5 weeks ago.I've never seen another like it.

Return to “Custom Knives”