unlucky

Ask questions and share your knowlege about custom knives. Make sure to show off your stuff if you are a knife maker or collector.
hellize

unlucky

Post by hellize »

Last time it was my second cousin. Before that, my third uncle. Even my fifth aunt, from my father's side, did manage to cut one of her fingers off in a lethal duel with a piece of ham.
Maybe something is wrong with my family. Nearly all of them miss a finger or a whole limb due to some ridiculous accident. Btw, none, I mean NONE have suffered any loss in battle thou. Ever!
Usually a fight goes like so. We show up on the battle field, win the battle, then leave the scene without a single scratch and go directly to the nearest tavern to get piss drunk right away. My clan standing at the taproom, demanding its ale, looks like a godforsaken ragtag bunch of misfit pirates. One of them misses a leg, the other an eye, the third has a mace for a hand. (fooling around, juggling with warhammers is not a great idea)
And so, the problems occur immediately. My fuddled brother, just lost one of his fingertips, when he accidentally smashed the iron toilet seat on his hand. My tanked third cousin sliced half his ear off with a broken jug, perchance, when making a toast, celebrating our victory. My plastered second uncle shortened his nose, by peeking into the next room in the brothel. But unfortunately the oaken door was in a heavy swing. Even my grandma', high on booze, lost a nipple to the closing chess board.
I tell you, no one is safe!

So far I still got every part of me intact and to keep it that way, I made every precaution to stay safe.
The spine of my blade is rounded, the handle is ironed at its end, against possible splinters. It also has a forged iron fingerguard (I am quite fond of my fingers) And the sheath is riveted all the way, so there's no chance of cutting through the thread.

There! All set. Now lets find something to drink, shall we?!
The full length is 34 cm. The cutting part is 20 cm long, 3.9 cm wide and 6 mm thick. The handle is carved oak with forged iron accessories.

Hope you like it! :)
Attachments
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
csizmar szilard
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: unlucky

Post by jerryd6818 »

(If I were taking this seriously) I would suggest your family should join AA. ::poke::

On a more serious note, that's a fine looking piece of cutlery you've whipped up there. ::tu::
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

That's a might sturdy lookin' knife. ::tu:: Sounds like everyone in your family needs one! ::poke::
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Impressed as always hellize. The knife is better than the story and that is saying something. I may be kin to your family as every time I whittle something I manage to shave off some digital part. Great knife. Thanks.
bladehound

Post by bladehound »

Man that is one wicked cool knife. Great handle, you certainly know Damascus steel. Nice pattern on the steel.
hellize

Post by hellize »

jerryd6818 wrote:(If I were taking this seriously) I would suggest your family should join AA. ::poke::

On a more serious note, that's a fine looking piece of cutlery you've whipped up there. ::tu::
Hehehhe thanks! :)
Well there is a good reason why I am the way that I am ;)
csizmar szilard
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Man Hellize, Fantastic knife !
Wish i had a use for a big knife because i would ask to buy this one. But i have no need for a knife this size and not enough $ anyway. But i REALLY like it.
Your fantasy adventure stories are fun to read. You are a great asset to this knife forum. Thank you for posting here.
"The pen is mightier than the sword" is a famous old saying from Britain, i believe. You are mighty in Pen and Sword.
kj
hellize

Post by hellize »

treefarmer wrote:That's a might sturdy lookin' knife. ::tu:: Sounds like everyone in your family needs one! ::poke::
Treefarmer
Glad you like it! :) Yeah, they might .....
csizmar szilard
hellize

Post by hellize »

doglegg wrote:Impressed as always hellize. The knife is better than the story and that is saying something. I may be kin to your family as every time I whittle something I manage to shave off some digital part. Great knife. Thanks.
Thanks a lot mister! :)
So there are clumsy fellows, apart of my family? Hmm.... :D
csizmar szilard
hellize

Post by hellize »

bladehound wrote:Man that is one wicked cool knife. Great handle, you certainly know Damascus steel. Nice pattern on the steel.
Thanks a lot! :)
Well, I am all about experiments, my friend. ;) I couldn't reproduce that pattern even if I tried.
csizmar szilard
hellize

Post by hellize »

kootenay joe wrote:Man Hellize, Fantastic knife !
Wish i had a use for a big knife because i would ask to buy this one. But i have no need for a knife this size and not enough $ anyway. But i REALLY like it.
Your fantasy adventure stories are fun to read. You are a great asset to this knife forum. Thank you for posting here.
"The pen is mightier than the sword" is a famous old saying from Britain, i believe. You are mighty in Pen and Sword.
kj
Thanks a lot! I am really happy that you like my work, either of them :)
We also have that saying, I think it is universal in Europe, originating most probably in ancient Rome.
csizmar szilard
terryl308
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by terryl308 »

Love your knife, the only part I don't like is converting your metric measurements to inches! LOL, Kind of a challenge for us old American dirt farmers! But I'll figure it out, keep em coming. ::tu:: Terry
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
hellize

Post by hellize »

terryl308 wrote:Love your knife, the only part I don't like is converting your metric measurements to inches! LOL, Kind of a challenge for us old American dirt farmers! But I'll figure it out, keep em coming. ::tu:: Terry
Glad you like it! :)
Hehe, yeah I feel your pain. I have the same issue with inches, I just can't set my mind to think using it.
csizmar szilard

Return to “Custom Knives”