damascus skinner

Ask questions and share your knowlege about custom knives. Make sure to show off your stuff if you are a knife maker or collector.
hellize

damascus skinner

Post by hellize »

12 February 1911
The crowns of trees slowly started to merge together. The shrubs and bushes were transformed into fantastic formations and otherworldly shapes as the equatorial night suddenly engulfed the land.
Fine quartz debris covered the scorched ground which gathered the faint moon's light. The gargantuan giraffe cadaver blotted a great deal out of the shimmering. Throngs of blowflies forced their way out of the festering corpse just to be devoured themselves by the hordes of bats and nightjars orbiting above.
A weird something approached the carrion, without a sound like a ghost. What could it be? Maybe a fabled, bearded figure emerged from my sweet, distant childhood tales? A cheerful dwarf strolls around?
After a moment the apparition got closer to us, the initial gloom dissipated, and through my spyglass clearly unfolded the vast shape of the old gentleman. His long black mane glittered among the quartz dust. It was an excellent sight!
I almost forgot the rifle, a Mannlicher–Schönauer, laying on my knee as I watched the old gentleman's every move like a jackal. He circled the cadaver with refined elegance, took a glance at out direction, but our improvised hunting hideout among the branches of the nearby acacia, proved to be invisible for him.
With a quiet growl, started his feast. My native gun carrier, Sindano, winced to the fearful sound from its shallow sleep and on a low, frightened tone said:

"Bwana Mze" - ancient Lord

I put away my field glasses and slowly, gently lifted my rifle, but the thick clouds hindered my efforts, I couldn't get a clear shot.
After a while in front of me in the west, somewhere above the Victoria Nyanza heavy storms rushed the skies with fervent lightnings constantly illuminating the landscape, bringing day into night. I suddenly touched the trigger, a jet of fire leaved the barrel and to the bang a short, grumbler growl was the answer. I knew I hit the target.
The bullet penetrated its nape, delivering an instant death.
Finally the morning came, just as abruptly as its counterpart before. We leaved our cover with benumbed limbs to observe what Diana gave us in her mercy. A magnificent great cat. His beauteous mane, like molten gold at its front and silk dipped into India ink at the back. The great prize!.
My short, razor sharp flaying knife runed through the old gentleman's hide, straight as an arrow.

High layered full tang damascus knife, with iron bolster and oak crosscut handle for today.
Hope you guys like it :)
Attachments
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
csizmar szilard
americanedgetech

Re: damascus skinner

Post by americanedgetech »

Hellize, You are a masterful madman! ::not_worthy::

Life can not get any better! ::tu::
Ken Mc.

WTB Kershaw 2120 MACHO Lockback Parts knife
I need a pile side scale. THX!
hellize

Post by hellize »

americanedgetech wrote:Hellize, You are a masterful madman! ::not_worthy::

Life can not get any better! ::tu::
thanks! :)
Sure it can be better, just as easy as worst. It's a matter of luck ;)
csizmar szilard
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Good story and good looking knife. I bet whomever buys it will be very happy.
kj
hellize

Post by hellize »

kootenay joe wrote:Good story and good looking knife. I bet whomever buys it will be very happy.
kj
Glad you like them both! :)
csizmar szilard
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

I'm not sure what to make of the narrative. ::shrug::
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
terryl308
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by terryl308 »

Hellize, Now there is something you don't see everyday, cross cut oak , I like it. I too have done it occasionally , makes a unique grain. Good job, ::tu:: Terry
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
hellize

Post by hellize »

philco wrote:I'm not sure what to make of the narrative. ::shrug::
Then you should probably read it again ;)
csizmar szilard
hellize

Post by hellize »

terryl308 wrote:Hellize, Now there is something you don't see everyday, cross cut oak , I like it. I too have done it occasionally , makes a unique grain. Good job, ::tu:: Terry
Thanks a lot! :)
Yeah, the hard part is to find a piece which is big enough without a crack. Loads of wood ended in the fire place till I found these ;)
csizmar szilard

Return to “Custom Knives”