tim steingas

Ask questions and share your knowlege about custom knives. Make sure to show off your stuff if you are a knife maker or collector.
Beback

tim steingas

Post by Beback »

I had tim steingas build me a 10" blade dagger when I got it to my surprise the dagger wasn't sharp are even close to having a edge and to make matters worse it's not even tempered I have a 1300.00$ dollar nothing
big monk

Re: tim steingas

Post by big monk »

Seems to me, you are complaining to the wrong folks ??? -- you need to put in a ""COMPLAINT"" with Tim Steingas ::shrug:: ::dang:: ::dang::
I'm not young enough,____to know everything !!!!!!!!!!!!

MONK****
kootenay joe

Re: tim steingas

Post by kootenay joe »

I know Tim Steigass, have had 3 of his knives. He knows how to make a higher end than average Fixed Blade. And he knows how to temper the steels he works with, I am not certain of this but i believe daggers are not supposed to have super sharp edges. They should have a sharp point and edges sharp enough to not create drag when penetrating.
A custom knife is a very personal thing. The knife either 'speaks to you' or it doesn't. Most knifemakers will accept return for refund, no reasons needed. It will be understood that it just did not speak to you.
I agree: contact the maker and state your concerns in a straight forward non insulting way.
Either you will like the knife better after correspondance with some explanation from maker, or you won't in which case you can return it.
If i were to return a custom because i just didn't like it, i would not ask for a full refund. The knife maker deserves (needs) some money for the time, effort and expense of packing it up and shipping it.
kj

Return to “Custom Knives”