gothic dagger

Ask questions and share your knowlege about custom knives. Make sure to show off your stuff if you are a knife maker or collector.
hellize

gothic dagger

Post by hellize »

Greetings!

Here's a gothic dagger that I have made some time ago.
The blade is forge of 5160, the accessories are hammered of wrought iron and the handle is made of glued and stacked leather.

Hope you guys like it :)
Attachments
9.0.jpg
9.2.jpg
9.3.jpg
9.4.jpg
9.5.jpg
9.7.jpg
9.8.jpg
9.9.jpg
9.91.jpg
csizmar szilard
stagman
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Re: gothic dagger

Post by stagman »

Just Gorgeous hellize !!! And looks really stout and heavy duty..
Stacked leather as well came out great,,,how long is the blade
and OAL of the knife ???
Always enjoy the pics of your work

stag
http://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/stagman
hellize

Post by hellize »

stagman wrote:Just Gorgeous hellize !!! And looks really stout and heavy duty..
Stacked leather as well came out great,,,how long is the blade
and OAL of the knife ???
Always enjoy the pics of your work

stag
http://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/stagman
Thanks a lot! :)
The blade is around 28-29 cm long and the total length is just under 50 cm. 48-49 maybe.
csizmar szilard
Steve Warden

Post by Steve Warden »

Another beauty from the forge of hellize!!!
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

But any knife is better than no knife! ~ Mumbleypeg (aka Ken)
hellize

Post by hellize »

Steve Warden wrote:Another beauty from the forge of hellize!!!
Guilty! :)
csizmar szilard
XX Case XX

Post by XX Case XX »

hellize wrote:Here's a gothic dagger that I have made some time ago.
Wow, what a great looking dagger. Has very clean lines, very sleek in appearance. The sheath looks excellent as well, and not only does it cover the dagger well, the designs on it are attractive.

I've seen fixed blade sheaths before that I thought were just extremely ugly but this one makes them look like a matched pair. Very nice. ::nod:: ::tu:: You do some very good work Sir.

I work hard so my Dog can have a better life...
hellize

Post by hellize »

XX Case XX wrote:
hellize wrote:Here's a gothic dagger that I have made some time ago.
Wow, what a great looking dagger. Has very clean lines, very sleek in appearance. The sheath looks excellent as well, and not only does it cover the dagger well, the designs on it are attractive.

I've seen fixed blade sheaths before that I thought were just extremely ugly but this one makes them look like a matched pair. Very nice. ::nod:: ::tu:: You do some very good work Sir.

csizmar szilard
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

A Gothic dagger. Well so not we not only are slaying the dwarfs but we are going after the Goths as well?
Absolutely beautiful as always Csizmar. Your are an artist. ::nod:: ::nod::
XX Case XX

Post by XX Case XX »

hellize wrote:I am not a real leather guy, but I do try to evolve on that plane too and I am really happy that you think that the effort is worth it
Without a doubt. One of the brands that I like, "Bark River", makes excellent knives that look really good, but sometimes the sheaths that go with them are just plain ugly. I think the look & style of the sheath should compliment the knife itself, hence the term I used to describe what you made, "Matched Pair".

The sheath shouldn't be just something that holds and protects the knife, it should follow the same lines as the knife. There is one custom knife maker that I feel does this, his name is "Randy Lee". His knives are always featured in AG Russell's "The Cutting Edge" periodical. The sheaths are handmade by his wife Sonja.

I feel the two of them make a great working pair as both the knife/sheath always seem to go together very nicely, just as yours do.

I work hard so my Dog can have a better life...
hellize

Post by hellize »

doglegg wrote:A Gothic dagger. Well so not we not only are slaying the dwarfs but we are going after the Goths as well?
Absolutely beautiful as always Csizmar. Your are an artist. ::nod:: ::nod::
Thanks! :)
Oh no, I refer here to the gothic masonry style with giant blade like colorful windows and such, not the goths (visi, ostro) and certainly not to the now popular "goths" - I don't really understand this last one, hmm... ::uc::
csizmar szilard
hellize

Post by hellize »

XX Case XX wrote:
hellize wrote:I am not a real leather guy, but I do try to evolve on that plane too and I am really happy that you think that the effort is worth it
Without a doubt. One of the brands that I like, "Bark River", makes excellent knives that look really good, but sometimes the sheaths that go with them are just plain ugly. I think the look & style of the sheath should compliment the knife itself, hence the term I used to describe what you made, "Matched Pair".

The sheath shouldn't be just something that holds and protects the knife, it should follow the same lines as the knife. There is one custom knife maker that I feel does this, his name is "Randy Lee". His knives are always featured in AG Russell's "The Cutting Edge" periodical. The sheaths are handmade by his wife Sonja.

I feel the two of them make a great working pair as both the knife/sheath always seem to go together very nicely, just as yours do.

Mike
Yeah, I think about their unity in the same way ;)
You know, the sheath story is quite a difficult thing. If the maker doesn't make the sheath himself, or in that case the gents lovely wife, than in most cases, you have to wait weeks and even months till the sheath is finally ready too. And not many people are willing to do that. Everyone wants his stuff, right now.
So the only way for a knife to have a sheath as fast as possible (if you don't make it yourself I mean) is to order them plain and ugly or to make them prior in large quantities, loosing uniqueness.
csizmar szilard

Return to “Custom Knives”