Having trouble navigating AAPK this morning

Tell us how we are doing, report problems, voice your concerns, and all that stuff... All input is appreciated and will be taken into consideration.
QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Having trouble navigating AAPK this morning

Post by QTCut5 »

Well said, Terry. I think a lot of my frustration with the constant changes in the technology I have managed to learn to use is that the changes don't seem to be something that helps me...in fact, sometimes they can actually hinder me, either because I don't understand how the technology works, or it doesn't understand how I think.

I realize this may be a somewhat regressive attitude or irrational fear, but I must confess that I feel reluctant to relinquish too much control over my life to man-made technology--which is ridiculous when I consider how much technology I already rely on everyday for practically all of my basic survival needs. But, I also think oftentimes technology creates just as many problems as it purports to solve. I see people all around me who have literally lost the ability to think for themselves or learn anything new other than how to upgrade to the most current version of whatever technology they've become addicted to. And the progression towards a world controlled by Artificial Intelligence disturbs me, quite frankly, because it seems like a huge Pandora's Box of unintended consequences (not that human intelligence has necessarily always proven to be any better, for that matter).

It's a brave new world we live in. Apparently, we must either adapt or perish.

~Q~
~Q~
TwoFlowersLuggage
Location: Stuck in traffic on a highway in Southern California

Re: Having trouble navigating AAPK this morning

Post by TwoFlowersLuggage »

Well, if it makes you feel any better, I see our technology getting less "smart", not more. Sure, the self-driving cars and creepy robots get the media attention, but those are just parlor tricks compared to a true artificial intelligence that is self-aware. They aren't even close to achieving anything like that, and as long as the world is run by sales & marketing executives, it won't happen. Why? Well, because they want to build everything cheaper and flashier. They don't care if it actually works - they just want you to buy the product and then when it breaks a week after the 30 day money-back guarantee expires, they want you to come back and buy the "new & improved" model (that is neither new nor improved). I don't think we have to worry too much about killer robots when we can't build a water heater that lasts more than 5 years.

I want to use technology so that I will not be used by technology! ::cr::
"The Luggage had a straightforward way of dealing with things between it and its intended destination: it ignored them." -Terry Pratchett

Return to “Suggestions, Questions, Comments, Concerns, Alerts, Etc...”