Any suggestions or comments?

Tell us how we are doing, report problems, voice your concerns, and all that stuff... All input is appreciated and will be taken into consideration.
Bryan
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Any suggestions or comments?

Post by Bryan »

Does anyone have suggestions for improving http://www.allaboutpocketknives.com ?? I am always looking for ideas. Is there any information that you think I should add? Do you have any questions about the site?

Thanks, Bryan
TinyTrapper

Feedback

Post by TinyTrapper »

How about a newbie and test forum. Thanks Jack
Bryan
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Bryan »

Hello Jack,

I am not exactly sure what you mean. Could you elaborate or email me...? bryan@allaboutpocketknives.com

Thanks,
Bryan
deo-pa
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: Any suggestions or comments?

Post by deo-pa »

Just a comment on the latest website updates (Spring 2017). I miss the banners advertising the Sellers's stores and the About Me link for each seller. The design of the banner gave each store a unique look and identity and the content of the About Me link gave me a flavor for the person behind the store.

Also wondering why Ridgewood Cutlery is no longer on the list. Did Rob close his store?

Finally, there a couple of new stores on the bottom of the store list that need to be alphabetized.

These are minor nits; I love this site and I'm on it most every day.

Dennis
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Feedback

Post by jerryd6818 »

TinyTrapper wrote:How about a newbie and test forum. Thanks Jack
I don't know if this what you're talking about but there is something that was intended to be the nature of what you suggested. Check out "AAPK Tips and Tricks -- An Illustrated FAQ Forum on Steriods" and see if that fits the bill. It's at ---> viewforum.php?f=98
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Any suggestions or comments?

Post by jerryd6818 »

Bryan, I don't know what others do but I use the "New Posts" link almost exclusively for browsing AAPK. I seldom have to go to a specific forum to check for new topics or posts because it gives me access to almost every post that is made on the forum.

My issue with the "New Posts" list is it randomly resets it's self to zero. (erases all the threads in the list and starts over again from zero new posts) Since new threads and new posts in a thread automatically pop to the top of the list, I would prefer (if possible) to see a constant two page (60 thread) list that works on the FIFO concept. (First In First Out). That way the old inactive threads would drop off the end but we would constantly have two pages of threads to peruse. I see two benefits. Makes it easier to follow a thread you're interested in because it doesn't suddenly disappear into the stacks which makes it necessary to go hunt it down and it would make the forum appear to be more active.

If I haven't explained this well enough, let me know and I'll give it another shot.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012

Return to “Suggestions, Questions, Comments, Concerns, Alerts, Etc...”