Altered Schrade Cut Co

A place to discuss & share pictures of counterfeit knives. Please be sure to alert the AAPK community if you spot one. Also make sure to ask questions if you are not certain about the authenticity of a knife you are considering buying or selling. There are plenty of great people here willing to help.
ea42

Altered Schrade Cut Co

Post by ea42 »

Hey folks!

This one's not a counterfeit, more like an altered knife that I wanted to bring to your attention as the lister either has no idea or is purposely not making the facts known. This knife was not offered with a clip blade. It only came with a spear and as you can probably see the spear was ground down to a clip blade shape, cutting right into the long pull. That's a real shame too as it looks like the knife was hardly used.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/144913687698?h ... R_zEr_W9YQ

ZZZSchrade.png
Eric
robpa

Re: Altered Schrade Cut Co

Post by robpa »

I have been interested in quite a few knives from that seller but bvecause he offers so many like this one, and doesnt make known they arent right, I wont buy from him. he been around knives a long time and has to know.
wlf

Post by wlf »

robpa wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 6:59 pm I have been interested in quite a few knives from that seller but bvecause he offers so many like this one, and doesnt make known they arent right, I wont buy from him. he been around knives a long time and has to know.
The old saying "don't cut your nose off to spite your face " is my mantra. I definitely agree with you, but I'd buy a farmers jack from him, especially a SCC stag shadow pattern.😊
I buy roosters combs and farmers..........................................................jack knives [/b]

GEC SFOs and others at LICK CREEK CUTLERY- www.allaboutpocketknives.com/wlf

May the Father and Son bless
Lyle
robpa

Post by robpa »

hey wlf, I see you buy roosters combs too, we are gonna be dubbing a bunch of cocks, want me to send em to ya? want em dried or fresh!
tongueriver

Post by tongueriver »

I knew that blade was not right, but I did not understand the fine points (lol) of it; thanks, Eric! I have bought from Bill Swan a few times, but I'd like to think I know what I'm doing at the time. His listings are often quite inaccurate, and I think they are getting worse. He might be getting a little long in the tooth and younger less experienced employees taking over much of the listing work.

Return to “Counterfeit Watch”