Ka-Bar Grizzly

A place to discuss & share pictures of counterfeit knives. Please be sure to alert the AAPK community if you spot one. Also make sure to ask questions if you are not certain about the authenticity of a knife you are considering buying or selling. There are plenty of great people here willing to help.
Whitneyrifle

Ka-Bar Grizzly

Post by Whitneyrifle »

I am not saying it’s not legit, but I would be very cautious with a seller having no reviews and it being on eBay…….
https://www.ebay.com/itm/165569472858?m ... name=11021
You have to be trusted by the people that lie to you. So that when they turn their backs on you, You'll get the chance to put the knife in….
Dan In MI

Re: Ka-Bar Grizzly

Post by Dan In MI »

Adding a few photos, as the listing will inevitably disappear:
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600 (1).jpg
s-l1600 (2).jpg
Agreed 100% about proceeding with caution, especially given the high price. Asking the seller for references from other online sales could be prudent here.
USN 2000-2006
Adaptable and (usually) affable knife enthusiast, unsure of his knife collecting destination but enjoying the journey
Case taste, Rough Ryder budget
Gunsil

Post by Gunsil »

That knife sir, is not a Grizzly.
Whitneyrifle

Post by Whitneyrifle »

May I ask, what is it then? I am curious
You have to be trusted by the people that lie to you. So that when they turn their backs on you, You'll get the chance to put the knife in….
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Doing a little research reveals this to be a #21105 Kabar. It is advertised as a switchblade, must be a pretty pricey piece.
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
zed6309
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by zed6309 »

It's not a Grizzly, there was one for sale here on AAPK same as above ::tu::

https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/ca ... de-1923-56
Paul,

friendship is a rare and precious gift,
A day without a pocket knife is the day your need it,
Gunsil

Post by Gunsil »

Grizzly is a totally different knife and worth a lot more than the regular KA-BAR switch shown here. Grizzlies came in three sizes all with the same button/release system. Here is my mid size Grizz, has been posted here before. Treefarmer has it right. Oh, and Whitney, the one you show on the bay is proper.
E4B669D5-249B-41CC-AB05-D3CD30771D9F.jpeg
04092720-D6E2-4C5D-818A-47F4BA441530.jpeg
BD2B4FE3-8F1A-4877-A1AC-98981C563E1C.jpeg
CB2087E9-8E18-4077-A0AD-492DD802DF3B.jpeg
wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

Nice knife Gunsil… I agree the knife posted ( lever lock) is legit though the blade is down a bit , still looks original.
Dan In MI

Post by Dan In MI »

I hadn't planned on logging in so close to bedtime, but I happened to check this thread again, and felt compelled to bring up two additional points. One, automatic knives are prohibited on eBay. Two, the knife in question was sold, but "the seller has relisted this item or one like it." Rightly or wrongly, this seller just landed on my "avoid" list.
USN 2000-2006
Adaptable and (usually) affable knife enthusiast, unsure of his knife collecting destination but enjoying the journey
Case taste, Rough Ryder budget
Gunsil

Post by Gunsil »

While it is true that automatic knives are prohibited on ebay it often takes them a few days for them to find and remove the listings and if the word "switchblade" or "automatic" are not in the description sometimes they get through for the duration of the ad. I have several friends who collect the autos and they have purchased quite a few on the bay, but they usually have to act as soon as the knife comes up before it is removed by the ebay police. The seller here could easily be legit, possibly he had a sale then the buyer was informed by a friend the price was high and the buyer backed out. I do agree that one has to be careful with new sellers but if they don't send the knife as advertised ebay buyer protection and Paypal protection will get your money back. By the Way, there is currently a large version Grizzly on ebay right now, or at least until it gets removed. Seller is asking a lot for the condition, has a lot of pitting on a pretty full blade and when I asked seller stated blade only pops out 1/3 of the way. Still a rare knife and it has amazing stag.

Return to “Counterfeit Watch”