Kabar Doghead?

A place to discuss & share pictures of counterfeit knives. Please be sure to alert the AAPK community if you spot one. Also make sure to ask questions if you are not certain about the authenticity of a knife you are considering buying or selling. There are plenty of great people here willing to help.
Whitneyrifle

Kabar Doghead?

Post by Whitneyrifle »

Take a look at this one, it popped up in my email. The head does not look right at all.the stamp looks totally wrong, with no Olean mark, and overly polished.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/195091059663?h ... SwaUJikqBx
Attachments
FF2C2C4B-F326-4321-91F0-024671DCEF1D.jpeg
B9EE936B-3CE0-4189-914A-105CEEA903CE.jpeg
You have to be trusted by the people that lie to you. So that when they turn their backs on you, You'll get the chance to put the knife in….
btrwtr
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Kabar Doghead?

Post by btrwtr »

Definitely not an old original KA-BAR dogs head knife. The sale category is modern knives.
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.

Wayne

Please visit My AAPK store https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/catalog/btrwtr
tongueriver

Post by tongueriver »

Looks Asian to me. Here is another one that is also modern, but it is home-grown. 1978.
Kabar fatboy001.jpg
Whitneyrifle

Post by Whitneyrifle »

tongueriver wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 6:42 pm Looks Asian to me. Here is another one that is also modern, but it is home-grown. 1978.
Kabar fatboy001.jpg
Exactly!! They have the “77” I believe. I have one from the 20’s and yours could double as a twin, even though Queen probably made yours. This one that is listed looks to be foreign, and I am being nice.
You have to be trusted by the people that lie to you. So that when they turn their backs on you, You'll get the chance to put the knife in….
Gunsil

Post by Gunsil »

Whitney, those came either marked 77 or 78. The fake one on the bay also has improper bone, incorrect frame shape, and improper blade grind besides the ridiculous shield. All the late dog head shields (1977 and up) are "mad dog" shields, the dog looks angry. The original shields had different eyebrows or none at all and look very different.
tongueriver

Post by tongueriver »

The one I showed is a '78.' Queen you say? It is available if anyone wants it.
Whitneyrifle

Post by Whitneyrifle »

Gunsil wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 3:04 pm Whitney, those came either marked 77 or 78. The fake one on the bay also has improper bone, incorrect frame shape, and improper blade grind besides the ridiculous shield. All the late dog head shields (1977 and up) are "mad dog" shields, the dog looks angry. The original shields had different eyebrows or none at all and look very different.
Thank you for the verification of 77 and 78. The doghead was the first thing that jumped out at me, it looked like a sick turtle. I thought the frame did not look right, but I did not want to state it, incase I was mistaken.
Thank you for the clarification!
Gunsil

Post by Gunsil »

Well the seller took the knife down, hopefully he is a seller who listens to buyers who know more than he does. That isn't the first knife by whoever faked it, it is not the first one I've seen with that inane shield. I did tell him it was bad and then he asked why I thought so and I told him the many bad factors and that he should look on the net to see what real dog head shields look like. He seems to sell a lot of knives so I was surprised he didn't immediately suspect the knife. At least he took it down.
Whitneyrifle

Post by Whitneyrifle »

Gunsil wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 4:17 pm Well the seller took the knife down, hopefully he is a seller who listens to buyers who know more than he does. That isn't the first knife by whoever faked it, it is not the first one I've seen with that inane shield. I did tell him it was bad and then he asked why I thought so and I told him the many bad factors and that he should look on the net to see what real dog head shields look like. He seems to sell a lot of knives so I was surprised he didn't immediately suspect the knife. At least he took it down.
Well, that makes him a bit more honorable in m book, and thank you for contacting him!
tongueriver

Post by tongueriver »

Gunsil wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 4:17 pm Well the seller took the knife down, hopefully he is a seller who listens to buyers who know more than he does. That isn't the first knife by whoever faked it, it is not the first one I've seen with that inane shield. I did tell him it was bad and then he asked why I thought so and I told him the many bad factors and that he should look on the net to see what real dog head shields look like. He seems to sell a lot of knives so I was surprised he didn't immediately suspect the knife. At least he took it down.
Gene, we are all grateful for your expertise.

Return to “Counterfeit Watch”