Counterfeit Case Brothers

A place to discuss & share pictures of counterfeit knives. Please be sure to alert the AAPK community if you spot one. Also make sure to ask questions if you are not certain about the authenticity of a knife you are considering buying or selling. There are plenty of great people here willing to help.
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Counterfeit Case Brothers

Post by dlr110 »

Mumbleypeg wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 2:41 am I know a local dealer here who offered me good money for a counterfeit Case whittler I have. I told him it wasn’t for sale, because it’s a counterfeit. He replied “I don’t care.”

Ken
I hope it wasn't someone that has a booth at the McKinney 3rd Monday Trade Days.
David R (United States Navy Retired)
Don't just count your many blessings, be the blessing others count on!
Visit my website: Woodburning Art by David https://www.wdbydavid.com/
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

I haven’t seen the guy around in years but he used to frequent most if not all of the trade days in North and East Texas, from Grand Prairie to Canton at least. I bought and traded knives with him and always enjoyed seeing him. He was in it just for the money, and like some dealers didn’t really know much about knives. His “collection” was whatever he had for sale on his table at the time. The reason he said “I don’t care” was because he really didn’t, and I doubt he had anyone specific in mind to sell it to - he just knew it was a desirable pattern and an opportunity to make a few bucks.

Caveat emptor!

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
Reverand
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Reverand »

There are good and bad in any group. I am sure that there are plenty of honest sellers who would lose money if they found they had a counterfeit, and also plenty who would not care. Unfortunately, the love of money is the root of all sorts of evil.
Jesus is life.
Everything else is just a hobby.

~Reverand

Return to “Counterfeit Watch”