Case trapper with serrations??

A place to discuss & share pictures of counterfeit knives. Please be sure to alert the AAPK community if you spot one. Also make sure to ask questions if you are not certain about the authenticity of a knife you are considering buying or selling. There are plenty of great people here willing to help.
Rcaruthers

Case trapper with serrations??

Post by Rcaruthers »

Hello everyone! First post. I have recently started collecting Case knives. I am interested in a knife and am wondering if it is genuine. I have read eBay can very sketchy. I have attached photos! I appreciate whether to steer clear or give it a whirl but am more interested in the tang stamp being off center being the first thing I notice as making my gut have a bad feeling. But I’m not knowledgeable enough. Please learn me a thing or two!! Thanks! -Rog
Attachments
4A3AA8CD-51DE-4140-9774-A377911DAE3B.png
EC96501E-49B4-4AFC-B065-A1EA4028A471.png
Rcaruthers

Re: Case trapper with serrations??

Post by Rcaruthers »

A few more pictures for your consideration. Thank you for helping me learn!
Attachments
619328A3-54FB-429E-B582-147F8E90752C.png
C1AEE7C2-2E99-4D3F-883F-662F5C8D8D98.png
1E26D493-9BA3-46AC-8FDA-E5BBC7B90862.png
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Nothing wrong with that one. Bid away! For future reference, it’s nearly unheard of for a knife that new to be counterfeited. There’s not enough money in it for the counterfeiter. The ones you have to watch close are the pre-1965 (XX era) and especially pre-1945 (Tested era and earlier).

Welcome to AAPK.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
Rcaruthers

Post by Rcaruthers »

Thank you Ken! I appreciate it!
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Starting in the 90s, you will find lots of knives that deviated from their traditional blades and scale colors. I guess this was Jim Parker's way of increasing interest and excitement in the knife world.
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

If I’m not mistaken, 1990 was the first year Case put a wharncliffe blade in an 07 pattern. Probably the reason for the “1st Issue” tang stamp. So that would have been the first serrated wharncliffe in an 07 also.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Welcome to AAPK. Glad to have you aboard.

As has been said, bid away with the comfort of knowing it's genuine all the way. Here's one to compare to.
Attachments
CASE XX USA 1990 DATED MINI TRAPPER - Labeled.jpg
DSC00893.JPG
DSC00894.JPG
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
GSPTOPDOG
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by GSPTOPDOG »

jerryd6818 wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 5:08 pm Welcome to AAPK. Glad to have you aboard.

As has been said, bid away with the comfort of knowing it's genuine all the way. Here's one to compare to.
I love trappers!!! I like the extra serrated blade, good for cutting rope ::nod:: Also it has great scales ::tu::
Please visit my AAPK store: https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/ca ... er_id=2383

They say, “Hard work never hurt anyone”, but I'm still not willing to risk it.

Return to “Counterfeit Watch”