It's a shame!

A place to discuss & share pictures of counterfeit knives. Please be sure to alert the AAPK community if you spot one. Also make sure to ask questions if you are not certain about the authenticity of a knife you are considering buying or selling. There are plenty of great people here willing to help.
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

It's a shame!

Post by Madmarco »

Hey guys! Just FYI, there are knives scrolling across the top of the page today that were purchased from a Chinese site for under US$20., and the prices are 6 times more than they cost the seller. This is all I can say without publicly exposing the seller, so just be sure to do your research prior to buying. I don't begrudge anyone trying to make a profit, but 6 times higher is simply greed on the sellers part. I know this because I'm a regular browser of these sites, and I've seen the knives and prices during my browsing. Some have the exact same stamps and etches as the real-deal, so it's very easy to be fooled, but if you know the differences you can spot them. Happy hunting, and BEWARE! 8)
8)
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: It's a shame!

Post by doglegg »

Thanks for the heads up. ::tu::
edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by edge213 »

Madmarco wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:02 pm Hey guys! Just FYI, there are knives scrolling across the top of the page today that were purchased from a Chinese site for under US$20., and the prices are 6 times more than they cost the seller. This is all I can say without publicly exposing the seller, so just be sure to do your research prior to buying. I don't begrudge anyone trying to make a profit, but 6 times higher is simply greed on the sellers part. I know this because I'm a regular browser of these sites, and I've seen the knives and prices during my browsing. Some have the exact same stamps and etches as the real-deal, so it's very easy to be fooled, but if you know the differences you can spot them. Happy hunting, and BEWARE! 8)
Are you talking about the "Italian" knives?
If they are counterfeits the seller should be busted out about it.
David
"Glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife" Meat Loaf
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

I really don't want to point the finger directly at anyone David, lets just leave it at "caveat emptor", specially since the seller might believe they're genuine. ::shrug:: 8)
8)
herbva
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by herbva »

Madmarco wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:23 pm I really don't want to point the finger directly at anyone David, lets just leave it at "caveat emptor", specially since the seller might believe they're genuine. ::shrug:: 8)
Madmarco, thanks so much! This is one of the many things I do love about AAPK - looking out for each other's best interests. Of course, now my curiosity is aroused and I have to find out which knives these are. ::hmm::
"Better to do something imperfectly, than to do nothing flawlessly." ~ Robert H. Schuller

Herb
Bryan
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Bryan »

If anyone is willing and able to notify me about these, I would very much appreciate it. Same for any knife you see come up that's being misrepresented.

Supporting information / links / proof if available, would be a huge help.

PM or email to bryan@allaboutpocketknives.com

AAPK will be sure to get them removed if we can confirm they're being misrepresented. I'll also be looking into the ones I suspect are being discussed and take unilateral action if I can find resources to ID them as being fakes/clones/counterfeits/etc.
Bryan
Bryan
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Bryan »

I found a couple that were fairly easy to spot. If there are others still on AAPK, please post or contact me ::tu::

Many Thanks!
Bryan
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Bryan, I respect you. ::handshake::
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Thanks Bryan. The 2 you removed were the 2 I was referring to. I hate to point a finger at anyone, specially if the seller was under the impression their knives were genuine, but after considering all the possibilities I could only come to one conclusion. It was suggested to me that I contact you about this issue, but when I logged-in again to do so I saw you had removed the 2 from my O.P. Thank you for your diligence and keeping us protected here on the best forum on the internet! 8)
8)
just bob

Post by just bob »

There is nothing at all wrong with posting questionable knives in the AAPK counterfeit forum. Just for one mstorm has had at least one knife from his AAPK discussed there. If the owner sees the discussion and wants to comment on it so be it. If you see another one that is questionable post it there. A lot of us would enjoy reading the comments. IMO the discussion should be strictly about the knife and not the ethics of the seller. Others may disagree?
“The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.” (Paulo Coelho)

Men make plans and God laughs

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.
stagman
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by stagman »

Bryan...you were right on any problem in the 13 1/2 years I had my store
on AAPK....as you were on the site as well....
your body may be worse for wear as you are aging...but the
mind has some catching up to do buddy !!!
Always on top of any issue !!!

Will
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

just bob wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:26 am There is nothing at all wrong with posting questionable knives in the AAPK counterfeit forum. Just for one mstorm has had at least one knife from his AAPK discussed there. If the owner sees the discussion and wants to comment on it so be it. If you see another one that is questionable post it there. A lot of us would enjoy reading the comments. IMO the discussion should be strictly about the knife and not the ethics of the seller. Others may disagree?
Thanks or your encouraging comments Bob. I was feeling a bit like a back-stabber(no pun intended), but my desire to prevent anyone from purchasing a knife for a lot more than it's worth prompted me to make the post. And I wholeheartedly agree that the comments should be strictly directed toward the knives, not the ethics of the seller. 8)
8)
edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by edge213 »

I believe if we have a store knowingly selling counterfeits then we should definitely question the sellers ethics.
David
"Glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife" Meat Loaf
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

edge213 wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:02 pm I believe if we have a store knowingly selling counterfeits then we should definitely question the sellers ethics.
I, and likely most of us here would tend to agree edge, it's just that some of the counterfeits nowadays are so close to the genuine knives that it's very hard to tell the differences, and a less experienced seller could easily be fooled. Anyone knowing full well what they're selling should definitely be reprimanded or possibly have their account suspended, but let's leave those tough decisions to Bryan and staff. 8)
8)

Return to “Counterfeit Watch”