Nope

A place to discuss & share pictures of counterfeit knives. Please be sure to alert the AAPK community if you spot one. Also make sure to ask questions if you are not certain about the authenticity of a knife you are considering buying or selling. There are plenty of great people here willing to help.
tongueriver

Nope

Post by tongueriver »

Wrong bone or wrong blades; I don't know which. Or am I wrong?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Schrad ... SwR-Rf-6I9
s-l1600 (8).jpg
s-l1600.jpg
ea42

Re: Nope

Post by ea42 »

Cal I was just about to post that one up myself, glad I checked yours first! :lol:

Definitely the wrong handles, didn't even bother to properly peen the center pin. The clip blade is questionable but it's already short so hard to tell by the pics. The Wilbert looks just as funky. Some of the knives look legit albeit with heavily "cleaned" blades. I wouldn't touch those either, that to me just ruins a knife.

Eric
Potechop

Post by Potechop »

I saw that listing also and it’s counterfeit. It’s sad there are so many on eBay now and the people selling them are listing them like there knives that are real never been worked on. It’s really soured me I am getting older I would hate to think I would buy one of theses fakes . It’s hurting collecting knives to me the younger collectors they don’t have a clue Because I see people bidding on these knives and spending crazy money. I was in a pawn shop looking at some knives last week and a guy showed me two case tested to see what thought and I said they were fake. He said he new that when he bought them but they would be good carry knives. I had the feeling if someone didn’t know he would sell them for real tested knives. He said there was a guy in Louisville Ky that put them together. I am been buying case knives for fifty years and I never bought many tested they were messing with them 50 years ago. Haven’t faked a lot of XXs or USA or dotted knives I just stick to those I don’t want to get burnt. Just about quit buying on eBay. Glad there is a site like this for the new collectors because when I started if I would have bought a few of these fakes I probably would have quit collecting.Years ago the most I was worried about was if a knife had been cleaned . These guys are getting so good now it’s hard for me tell since I gotten older that’s why I about quit on eBay. I don’t care for a knife that has been cleaned. You guy keep posting these fakes maybe some of these sellers will try and just sell honest knives.
RalphAlsip

Post by RalphAlsip »

In addition to the Schrade that is the subject of this post, many of other items being offered by this seller look highly suspect to me. Unless someone beats me to it, I will write a post about the Remington R4283 5 blade sow belly when I have a few minutes to justify my comments.
stockman
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by stockman »

I will be looking for the post Jerry.

Harold
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

He sure has proud prices.
rea1eye

Post by rea1eye »

He(she) sure has a lot of "vintage" knives that look pretty buffed and
could be bought at "accepted offer" price.

Bob

Return to “Counterfeit Watch”