What’s up with this?

A place to discuss & share pictures of counterfeit knives. Please be sure to alert the AAPK community if you spot one. Also make sure to ask questions if you are not certain about the authenticity of a knife you are considering buying or selling. There are plenty of great people here willing to help.
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

What’s up with this?

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Here’s an interesting item. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Case-X ... %7Ciid%3A1 Looks like someone tried to replace the master with a blade from a 61048, and in the process buggered up the bolster and no telling what else. Not sure what it started out as. ::shrug::

Ken
Attachments
AD2F9EC0-3056-4FF2-AB4F-C25231EEB067.jpeg
D74EF7E4-F41D-42F6-AD83-7E6AD436B759.jpeg
89C6D868-BE5B-45D7-889C-29783AE0E19E.jpeg
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
kootenay joe

Re: What’s up with this?

Post by kootenay joe »

Did Case ever make this pattern ?
Looks like a German made knife. They put a corkscrew on almost every pattern.
kj
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

I don’t think it’s Case. Doesn’t look like any Case corkscrew pattern I recall - there weren’t many. That’s why I said I’m not sure what it was when it started.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
herbva
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by herbva »

I agree with both of you, it looks like a German made knife to me and doesn't look like any Case I have ever seen (although I'm quite sure there are many I haven't seen). I think what we are looking at is a missing bolster, and the solder that was left behind when the bolster departed, and perhaps someone tried to fill in the empty space with additional solder. I recently replaced the liners on a German Boker, and when I transferred the bolsters to the new liners, I was amazed at how little solder they actually used.
"Better to do something imperfectly, than to do nothing flawlessly." ~ Robert H. Schuller

Herb
knifeaholic
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by knifeaholic »

Case made a bartender's knife pre WWII - the 84062 - but does not even remotely resemble this pattern. I agree, German made knife with a newer Case blade crudely installed.
rea1eye

Post by rea1eye »

That seller has quite a few other knives on eBay. I wonder
how many others are fake.

Bob

Return to “Counterfeit Watch”