Another Russell

A place to discuss & share pictures of counterfeit knives. Please be sure to alert the AAPK community if you spot one. Also make sure to ask questions if you are not certain about the authenticity of a knife you are considering buying or selling. There are plenty of great people here willing to help.
just bob

Another Russell

Post by just bob »

I don't know about this knife but question it. I have seen a lot of Russell's with shields but have never seen a daddy Barlow with a shield. There is at least one original version of the smaller Barlow that has a shield. I can not see the tang stamp on the blade to know if it is an older straight line or if it is the newer stamp or if it stamped at all. No doubt the bolsters are original. I have seen a Barlow with the stainless etch but have never seen one with the Western Massachusetts Company stamp on the back. Perhaps Steve or another advanced collector would have additional information on this? The seller may be right that this is rare?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Russel ... -knife-RAR

Then this is an old thread from AAPK about Russell's there are many pictures and input from a lot of members. I don't see another daddy Barlow with a shield pictured at all.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=37404&hilit=russell
Attachments
cccccc.jpg
“The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.” (Paulo Coelho)

Men make plans and God laughs

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.

Return to “Counterfeit Watch”