"1960s Schrade Walden 88LY"

A place to discuss & share pictures of counterfeit knives. Please be sure to alert the AAPK community if you spot one. Also make sure to ask questions if you are not certain about the authenticity of a knife you are considering buying or selling. There are plenty of great people here willing to help.
jxr1197
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

"1960s Schrade Walden 88LY"

Post by jxr1197 »

The clip blade's from a 881Y. I don't know what the rest of it is. Maybe Camillus?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-1960s- ... Sw22ZfStc7
881y.jpg
- Jason
Ripster
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: "1960s Schrade Walden 88LY"

Post by Ripster »

The knife looks to have been apart recently ,and look at there last pic. The grind marks from a belt sander Are way down into pivot pin area. Not sure about your guestion on the Camillus frame. Would be a parts knife in my shop, thanks for posting it.
JP
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

I sent the seller a message sayin the clip blade is 881Y from a Schrade Walden stockman and that this handle might not be a Schrade, that this is a "parts knife".
I will let you know if i receive a reply.
kj
jxr1197
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jxr1197 »

Seller has added the information Roland sent ::tu::
- Jason
cdantiks

Post by cdantiks »

I am the seller of the afore mentioned knife.
I buy knives from many places such as resale shops and garage sales. I don't profess to be knowledgeable about the different brands and types.
I do know what I like. such as Carl Schlieper and Puma. Being retired, I have time to collect a bunch junk that I in turn try to pass on to Ebayers at as little loss monetarily as I can stand. I have had some hard losses. The knife in this thread, appears to be well made and if someone put it together, they did a bang up job. The bolsters show very little damage but could have been reconfigured and polished to the condition it is in now.
I have visited this site occasionally and respect the opinions presented. Please excuse a newcomers Pho Paw. (faux Pax).
KitCarsonGreen
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Thanks for posting here. It is good to meet an honest ebay seller. Quite often when one of us messages an ebay seller to say that a listed knife is not all original, the reply we get is basically 'mind your own business'.
There are a lot of altered knives 'out there' and many like yours, have been well done and it takes a fair bit of 'knife knowledge' to recognize it is not all original.
Feel free to post pictures and ask questions about any knives you are unsure of in the "Knife Related Q & A" forum. We all learn something from every knife posted.
Welcome to AAPK.
kj
cdantiks

Post by cdantiks »

Thanks!
KitCarsonGreen
Ripster
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Ripster »

cdantiks wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:14 pmThanks!
As Roland has said ,Thanks for responding, hang in there and ride safe ,be safe out there
JP

Return to “Counterfeit Watch”