Is this knife for real?????

A place to discuss & share pictures of counterfeit knives. Please be sure to alert the AAPK community if you spot one. Also make sure to ask questions if you are not certain about the authenticity of a knife you are considering buying or selling. There are plenty of great people here willing to help.
knivestemplar

Is this knife for real?????

Post by knivestemplar »

I recently came across this unusual Cheetah. I searched for days all across the internet and can not find another like it. My question is.. Is it REAL?
I think I attached the pic's correctly.
Attachments
DSC04306.JPG
DSC04307.JPG
DSC04308.JPG
DSC04311.JPG
DSC04313.JPG
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Is this knife for real?????

Post by treefarmer »

Looks like somebody has filled in the hole where the swing guard pin went through the tang. I have no idea concerning those handles. If the hole was still there, maybe the 1st number of the pattern would not be missing. The book shows regular bone and stag and says that in recent years they used other handle materials?
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
Beavertail

Post by Beavertail »

Looks like a cobbled up mess to me. ::barf::
Tim
Steve Warden

Post by Steve Warden »

No idea about authenticity, but the scales look like something Deadwood Knives offered some time back.
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

But any knife is better than no knife! ~ Mumbleypeg (aka Ken)
Bamarick

Post by Bamarick »

I believe it is a cobbled knife. The scales look to have come from a Fight'n Rooster. I'm not sure but the frame may be Fight'n Rooster as well. It also looks like some work has been done to the blade. It is supposed to be a 10 dot but the first number of the pattern is missing. If this were a Case Cheetah it would most likely have been a 6111 1/2. That is the pattern # for bone. If the scales were originally stag the 6 would be a 5 but I've never seen a pattern # on a true 10 dot Cheetah. As said in an earlier post, the hole where the swinguard is supposed to go has been filled in. My opinion, totally fake.
knivestemplar

Post by knivestemplar »

Thanks guys! I though it look a bit odd, even to me!
kentucky.2006

Post by kentucky.2006 »

One weird looking knife.

Jan
carrmillus
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by carrmillus »

.......I hope it's the only one they made!!!................ ::facepalm:: ..............................
Gamby38

Post by Gamby38 »

I recently picked up a case tested single blade trapper in Christmas 🎄 handles. I was most certain that it was a fake. So I got with the Godfather TF. I was right it was a fake.he also give me a little education in Christmas tree handles and casexx knives.As I was told a cheetah was not a pattern case ever used up until 2000. Maybe after 2000 they may have used Christmas tree on cheetah pattern but the godfather and only spoken about case double x knives up to the year 2000. Mister Foster is the number one authority I believe on case double x knives the older ones.
Gamby38

Post by Gamby38 »

Gamby38 wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 5:28 am I recently picked up a case tested single blade trapper in Christmas 🎄 handles. I was most certain that it was a fake. So I got with the Godfather TF. I was right it was a fake.he also give me a little education in Christmas tree handles and casexx knives.As I was told a cheetah was not a pattern case ever used up until 2000. Maybe after 2000 they may have used Christmas tree on cheetah pattern but the godfather and only spoken about case double x knives up to the year 2000. Mister Foster is the number one authority I believe on case double x knives the older ones.
Thanks for letting me post. Gamby38

Return to “Counterfeit Watch”