Dishonest AAPK store

A place to discuss & share pictures of counterfeit knives. Please be sure to alert the AAPK community if you spot one. Also make sure to ask questions if you are not certain about the authenticity of a knife you are considering buying or selling. There are plenty of great people here willing to help.
bestgear
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Re: Dishonest AAPK store

Post by bestgear »

GSPTOPDOG wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:49 pmI would think that many people are offended by the Confederate battle flag and its association of slavery and the oppression of peoples of color.

Also let us not forget the genocide inflicted on the Native American peoples from whom this country was unlawfully taken so many years ago.

These are symbols of White European western expansion and the geocide of Native Peoples and should be banned without discussion.

To promote a group of old, white, slave owning, racists and misogynist men must upset a great number of members who do not benefit for a system of White Privilege and Male dominance that has oppressed women and minorities for hundreds of years.

Please remember; "If it offends ONE person, we should ALL be offended".
If what you write is your true sentiment, how do you reconcile your post from Tuesday Dec 10, 2019 at 9:26 pm regarding your use of Chinese knives where you say:

“I usually carry a Case trapper, a Leatherman PST (USA made only!) and for the dirty work a Gonzo brand Chinese copy of a Lion's Steel knife. I also will carry a real Lion's Steel folding knife, I just don't have that knife on today. I don't mind abusing the Chinese copy, I think it was $20. I think my real Lion's Steel folding knife was $200!”

Do you know how people are treated in China?

The problem with practicing what you preach, or maintaining a high moral standard, is it’s work. You tell people you care about oppression of peoples, genocide, symbols of White European western expansion and the oppression of women and minorities for hundreds of years, this means you have to do these things too.

But what if you just said you do these things, but didn’t? You get all the benefits of people thinking you’re a good and capable person, but you don’t have to practice any restraint. It’s win-win.

What say you? And what about your eBay auction: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Lot-of-3-BUDDH ... 4164238286 for 3 Chinese Buddha’s?
Tom
AAPK Administrator

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.
Dinadan
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Dinadan »

GSPTOPDOG wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:49 pm snip
I can think of several examples of knives that now can be seen in their true form as objects that offend and may cause some members to feel unsafe.
snip
I am going to give you the benefit of doubt and assume you are using irony to discredit political correctness. If you are sincere in your remarks ... I do not want to annoy Bryan or his moderators by saying what I think about you.

Bryan: thank you for making this such a fine place.
Mel
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Well, well, well, bite my tongue! Pretty soon I wont be able to mention that we drive Fords in our family since I believe there is probably some dirt someone can dig up on Henry Ford. It would be a shame to hurt some one's feeling because they are offended by FoMoCo. ::stir:: ::watching_you::
::facepalm::
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
Bryan
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Bryan »

GSPTOPDOG wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:49 pm As for banning certain knives for the sake of Political Correctness, I think this a definitely a step in the right direction. As a relatively new member I understand my opinion my be of limited vale. However, I can think of several examples of knives that now can be seen in their true form as objects that offend and may cause some members to feel unsafe. For example, I would think that many people are offended by the Confederate battle flag and its association of slavery and the oppression of peoples of color. Perhaps this would be a good place to start and would make many people in the public square feel much better with such a positive step to erasing this image from the past and cleaning up some unpleasant aspects of American history.

Also let us not forget the genocide inflicted on the Native American peoples from whom this country was unlawfully taken so many years ago. I would suggest that all knives with themes such as "Buffalo Bill Cody" or "Hop-Along Cassidy" and other "western themed knives" of this type be prohibited from sale. These are symbols of White European western expansion and the geocide of Native Peoples and should be banned without discussion.

I myself have been made very uncomfortable when observing that members on this site have posted knives for sale that feature the so called "Founding Fathers" etched on the blades or engraved on the scales. To promote a group of old, white, slave owning, racists and misogynist men must upset a great number of members who do not benefit for a system of White Privilege and Male dominance that has oppressed women and minorities for hundreds of years. I would think that banning all items with "Founding Fathers" themes would be in the greater public interest.

There are many other categories to address, however I will leave that up to other more seasoned members of the forum. Please remember; "If it offends ONE person, we should ALL be offended".

I don't know if it was your intent, but some of what you say in this post further solidifies my belief that banning things for the sake of political correctness is absurd.

If not your intent, I have a serious question or two. Perhaps you can change my mind. If so, well played :)
Bryan
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

GSPTOPDOG wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:49 pm If I may interject on this thought: " There's nothing at the moment to address the sale of KKK & or Nazi knives, but that likely needs to change. I really do not know the right direction to take on that & we may need to start a new discussion about whether AAPK should allow them or not".
I have a few thoughts as to why of course knives with certain offensive themes should be banned without any question nor debate.

As for banning certain knives for the sake of Political Correctness, I think this a definitely a step in the right direction. As a relatively new member I understand my opinion my be of limited vale. However, I can think of several examples of knives that now can be seen in their true form as objects that offend and may cause some members to feel unsafe. For example, I would think that many people are offended by the Confederate battle flag and its association of slavery and the oppression of peoples of color. Perhaps this would be a good place to start and would make many people in the public square feel much better with such a positive step to erasing this image from the past and cleaning up some unpleasant aspects of American history.

Also let us not forget the genocide inflicted on the Native American peoples from whom this country was unlawfully taken so many years ago. I would suggest that all knives with themes such as "Buffalo Bill Cody" or "Hop-Along Cassidy" and other "western themed knives" of this type be prohibited from sale. These are symbols of White European western expansion and the geocide of Native Peoples and should be banned without discussion.

I myself have been made very uncomfortable when observing that members on this site have posted knives for sale that feature the so called "Founding Fathers" etched on the blades or engraved on the scales. To promote a group of old, white, slave owning, racists and misogynist men must upset a great number of members who do not benefit for a system of White Privilege and Male dominance that has oppressed women and minorities for hundreds of years. I would think that banning all items with "Founding Fathers" themes would be in the greater public interest.

There are many other categories to address, however I will leave that up to other more seasoned members of the forum. Please remember; "If it offends ONE person, we should ALL be offended".
While I understand banning KKK and Nazi related. I think the idea of banning the founding fathers is absolutely the dumbest thing we could ever do. You cannot constantly be cowering before the PC crowd, they are constantly coming up with new things to be offended and angry over, so what’s the point in trying to keep up with the offense of the “month”. And you can stop pushing that “white Privilege “ “male dominance “ garbage on here. Most of us aren’t apologizing for anything that has to do with the home, skin and socio-economic level we were born into. Save yourself some time and deep six that crap right now.
No I don’t agree with your last line “ if it offends one we should all be offended.” Don’t get me started on what’s wrong with the logic of all that, cause there is a lot wrong with that statement.
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

I haven’t read everything in this thread, but I feel like I need to add my two cents worth. I don’t give a damn about the KKK & Nazis knives, I don’t have them, and I don’t want them, personally they are disgusting. What I do care about is infringing on someone else’s liberty’s and their right to sell them or someone to buy them. Banning something like this just for the sake of banning them in order to protect someone’s feelings is wrong. I see those knives all the time in antique stores, flea markets and online and I just keep on moving, that’s my right and my choice.

In this case we’re taking something away, something that is real, something that is a part of history. Ask yourself should we ban all weapons used by Japanese forces or any other axis powers of WWII? Don’t you believe the atrocities by other forces were just as evil, but I don’t hear a cry to ban them. Why are we trying to erase a period in our own country’s history by taking down statues, plaques and buildings that remind us about the Civil War south, but not the north. No matter if your talking about a Nazis knife that was actually from WWII or a statue of Stonewall Jackson, to ban either one because someone’s feelings are hurt or for the sake of the modern day evil of “political correctness” is an injustice to our history and an insult to the intelligence of every rational thinking person.

Having said all of that, this is a private website with rules and conditions that have to be followed. But if we decided to ban these and any other similar items I will feel like we have lost something as a people, and as a respected source of information by everyone.

I don’t feel I have expressed myself very well on this matter, but I hope you understand the point I was trying to get across.

David Roberts
David L Roberts, United States Navy Retired
Please visit my website: Woodburning Art by David at

https://www.wdbydavid.com/
GSPTOPDOG
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by GSPTOPDOG »

I will ask this to those that want to ban "Nazi" marked items because they offend some people, what about the 20 million dead inside the Soviet Union that were victims of the Stalin regime and the USSR government? Can I not own a Mosin-Nagant bayonet now? Or a bayonet for an AK-47? We can start with a knife with a marking of the KKK and a swastika on a knife blade and then where do go from there? In December of 1937, the Japanese Imperial Army marched into China's capital city of Nanking and proceeded to murder 300,000 out of 600,000 civilians and soldiers in the city. Perhaps AAPK should ban all katanas and tanto blades? Do we not offend Elizabeth Warren and her followers by offering a Kit Carson commemorative knife or Andrew Jackson limited edition folder? The real question is where will it end? First they came for the KKK knives and I did not speak out because I did not own a KKK knife,..
Please visit my AAPK store: https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/ca ... er_id=2383

They say, “Hard work never hurt anyone”, but I'm still not willing to risk it.
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

GSPTOPDOG wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:02 am I will ask this to those that want to ban "Nazi" marked items because they offend some people, what about the 20 million dead inside the Soviet Union that were victims of the Stalin regime and the USSR government? Can I not own a Mosin-Nagant bayonet now? Or a bayonet for an AK-47? We can start with a knife with a marking of the KKK and a swastika on a knife blade and then where do go from there? In December of 1937, the Japanese Imperial Army marched into China's capital city of Nanking and proceeded to murder 300,000 out of 600,000 civilians and soldiers in the city. Perhaps AAPK should ban all katanas and tanto blades? Do we not offend Elizabeth Warren and her followers by offering a Kit Carson commemorative knife or Andrew Jackson limited edition folder? The real question is where will it end? First they came for the KKK knives and I did not speak out because I did not own a KKK knife,..
So from this I take it your previous post was sarcasm, intended to show the absurdity of trying to “police” items offered for sale in AAPK stores based on some ones (or anyone’s) notion of political correctness. If so you did a good job - your comments in that earlier post are absurd. And I agree, the notion is absurd. There is no “right” to not be offended.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

I'm a little surprised at the turn made from the original discussion. The OP pointed out a counterfeit knife. The discussion has gone to politically offensive knives. I enjoy silver coins. I avoid counterfeit coins. I do not avoid silver coinage just because I don't like the time period or history of the country they come from. Two totally different discussions. Jmho. ::shrug::
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

I originally said something in my post about being offended by counterfeits. However I removed it before submitting the post.

I think the conversation turned with Bryan’s comment
There's nothing at the moment to address the sale of KKK & or Nazi knives, but that likely needs to change. I really do not know the right direction to take on that & we may need to start a new discussion about whether AAPK should allow them or not.
Instead of starting a new discussion it just took off from there, in this same thread.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
btrwtr
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by btrwtr »

Sometimes sarcasm may be appropriate and warranted. I don't believe this was one of those times.
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.

Wayne

Please visit My AAPK store https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/catalog/btrwtr
Stanwade

Post by Stanwade »

I’m offended by my wife when she uses my freshly sharpened kitchen knives to cut on a glass or metal surface.. let’s ban her
Ryan

“That’ll be the day”—-John Wayne
royal0014
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by royal0014 »

good grief .. .. .. .. ..
::facepalm::
Chris
i woke last night to the sound of thunder
how far off i sat and wondered
started humming a song from nineteen sixty two
aint it funny how the night moves
herbva
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by herbva »

I love AAPK and personally hope that we don't wander into the misguided business of trying to revise history by banning the artifacts of some of the unpleasant, unfortunate, and even horrible aspects of past history. I disagree with the notion that owning or preserving historical artifacts implies that we support or condone the causes that they may have represented. As an example, the great pyramids of Egypt were undeniably built using slave labor. Does that mean they should be torn down? I hope that we don't even start down that road.
"Better to do something imperfectly, than to do nothing flawlessly." ~ Robert H. Schuller

Herb
just bob

Post by just bob »

I just wonder how many have actually read the Ebay policy on offensive items? Here it is. I'm not saying this should apply here. Isn't lumping the confederate flag in with Nazi items very extreme? As others have said I appreciate the hard work Bryan has put into building this web site and offer my 100% endorsement of all AAPK policies and agree to abide by them.

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/proh ... cy?id=4324
“The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.” (Paulo Coelho)

Men make plans and God laughs

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.
knifegnome
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by knifegnome »

GSPTOPDOG, your art of fluent sarcasm is very impressive. ::smirk::
CANTHOK

Post by CANTHOK »

Hay man if you want to get clean and spotless go to JESUS--Do you now want to remove the cross??
Reverand
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Reverand »

I admit to being mystified by the twists and turns of this conversation - I am unsure what side of this issue that some people stand on. Not that it matters to me; I will love you either way.
Personally, I am against "banning" things that are legal. Let each person be guided by their own conscience. I can pass over and ignore items that are Nazi-themed, or political, or that contain nude pictures, or whatever.
But then I am not offended by much, anyway. And I believe that most people would not be so offended if they remained busy with honest work, and busy minding their own business instead of everyone else's.
Jesus is life.
Everything else is just a hobby.

~Reverand
Stanwade

Post by Stanwade »

My first post in this thread was just a little joke..I love everybody in my family and all my friends and coworkers no matter what their political views are or opinions on other hot button issues.. we, as a society have more in common with each other than we realize.. but certain groups, media and whoever else (we all could name a bunch more) want to keep us divided and screaming at each other to distract us from more important issues..Sometimes we just all need to agree to disagree And shake hands and not take everything so personally…in my humble opinion..
Ryan

“That’ll be the day”—-John Wayne
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

You cannot change history, but you can learn from it. If you simply brush the bad under the carpet, you will allow the same mistakes to be made again. Always celebrate the good, never forget the bad. Just my 2¢.

Sometimes you cannot tell Delrin from bone unless you have the knife in hand. I would hope any seller would have a flexible enough return policy to handle this.
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter

Return to “Counterfeit Watch”