Pretty obvious huh!!!!

A place to discuss & share pictures of counterfeit knives. Please be sure to alert the AAPK community if you spot one. Also make sure to ask questions if you are not certain about the authenticity of a knife you are considering buying or selling. There are plenty of great people here willing to help.
GSPTOPDOG
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: Pretty obvious huh!!!!

Post by GSPTOPDOG »

btrwtr wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:48 am See this thread for mor information on this type of counterfeit knife.

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=64958&hilit=concentric&start=15
Thanks! ::handshake:: I just checked the thread, good info! ::tu::
Please visit my AAPK store: https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/ca ... er_id=2383

They say, “Hard work never hurt anyone”, but I'm still not willing to risk it.
CANTHOK

Re: Pretty obvious huh!!!!

Post by CANTHOK »

There is some validity to this story Bob but you didn't get "the rest of the story". The heir apparent, to this knife company owner, decided to raise the old tested patterns from the dead and went so far as to have the Japanese stamp out several blades congruent to the old patterns. When he received the blades from the Japanese they were well done but had an obvious flaw that could be easily recognized by knife collectors. As the story goes he filed these would be tested blades in the reject pile. You that know knives are now seeing these rejects blades being placed in legit Case frames and sold on ebay and knife shows as made from old parts. LOOK CLOSELY AT THE TANG STAMP........dead give-away.

Return to “Counterfeit Watch”