Another old Case knife

A place to discuss & share pictures of counterfeit knives. Please be sure to alert the AAPK community if you spot one. Also make sure to ask questions if you are not certain about the authenticity of a knife you are considering buying or selling. There are plenty of great people here willing to help.
just bob

Another old Case knife

Post by just bob »

Honestly I don't know about this knife, but I think it's not right. What caught my eye is the underside. There are gaps, the surfaces are not aligned, and there are machining marks perhaps from a belt sander? Maybe the bone and shield look modern? Don't know about the tang stamps, but maybe the blades were put in this frame?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/old-case-broth ... ition=3000
Attachments
cb k .jpg
“The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.” (Paulo Coelho)

Men make plans and God laughs

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.
cody6268

Re: Another old Case knife

Post by cody6268 »

Is that a Camillus 72 frame? I'm guessing old blades in a 72 frame.
btrwtr
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by btrwtr »

This eBay seller offers fakes often enough. This is one of them. It does look like a Camillus knife.
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.

Wayne

Please visit My AAPK store https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/catalog/btrwtr
knifeaholic
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by knifeaholic »

Either that knife or one just like it was discussed recently on AAPK. Phony junk.
Steve Pfeiffer, author of Collecting Case Knives: Identification and Price Guide published by Krause Publications.
just bob

Post by just bob »

knifeaholic wrote:Either that knife or one just like it was discussed recently on AAPK. Phony junk.
Was that in the counterfeit forum? Honestly I try to go back and look through these and not to post knives that have been previously discussed. I don't see this one? Thank you for pointing that out.
“The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.” (Paulo Coelho)

Men make plans and God laughs

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.
herbva
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by herbva »

He has what appear to be some nice knives for sale right now, but after trying to peddle this blatant forged junk, I would never trust this guy, ever, period.
"Better to do something imperfectly, than to do nothing flawlessly." ~ Robert H. Schuller

Herb

Return to “Counterfeit Watch”