Case Tested 6231 with Delrin scales

A place to discuss & share pictures of counterfeit knives. Please be sure to alert the AAPK community if you spot one. Also make sure to ask questions if you are not certain about the authenticity of a knife you are considering buying or selling. There are plenty of great people here willing to help.
herbva
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Case Tested 6231 with Delrin scales

Post by herbva »

I am just wondering how Sport Colbs has this Case Tested 6231 listed with Delrin scales. Nice knife, but if I'm not mistaken, DuPont didn't start making Delrin until 1960 at the earliest and I think Case didn't start using it until about 1967?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Case-T ... Sw7Dtc4p-T
Attachments
DSCN0193.JPG
DSCN0191.JPG
"Better to do something imperfectly, than to do nothing flawlessly." ~ Robert H. Schuller

Herb
knifeaholic
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Case Tested 6231 with Delrin scales

Post by knifeaholic »

The knife is fine. Jigged black composition handles. Military WWII. He is calling it delrin but it is not delrin. But the knife is 100% authentic.
Steve Pfeiffer, author of Collecting Case Knives: Identification and Price Guide published by Krause Publications.
herbva
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Case Tested 6231 with Delrin scales

Post by herbva »

Thanks Steve. I was mostly wondering if it had been rehandled. As always I appreciate your expert opinion. :)
"Better to do something imperfectly, than to do nothing flawlessly." ~ Robert H. Schuller

Herb

Return to “Counterfeit Watch”