True Fake Case Knife

A place to discuss & share pictures of counterfeit knives. Please be sure to alert the AAPK community if you spot one. Also make sure to ask questions if you are not certain about the authenticity of a knife you are considering buying or selling. There are plenty of great people here willing to help.
just bob

True Fake Case Knife

Post by just bob »

Seller acknowledges upfront that this is a fake and still has 13 bids to this point. Is it worth this much to whittle with?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fake-Case-xx-6 ... SwerRblbJC
Attachments
whittler.jpg
“The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.” (Paulo Coelho)

Men make plans and God laughs

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: True Fake Case Knife

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

I know it would be a small claim kinda deal, but this ought to be prosecuted. Although if he says it’s Fake right up front and there are still bidders, you have to wonder what the motives are here of the bidders?
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
btrwtr
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by btrwtr »

I find it ironic that even though the seller admits this is a fake (horrendous fake at that) that eBay still allows the sale.

eBay is truly a safe haven for the counterfeiters.
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.

Wayne

Please visit My AAPK store https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/catalog/btrwtr
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Keep a watch out for it. It will turn up again, listed by a less honest seller. And next time it will be represented as a legitimate knife, and fools will bid on it believing it's legitimate. ::facepalm::

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
TwoFlowersLuggage
Location: Stuck in traffic on a highway in Southern California

Post by TwoFlowersLuggage »

I agree - I suspect the people bidding on this knife are betting they can flip it for a profit by selling it as authentic.
"The Luggage had a straightforward way of dealing with things between it and its intended destination: it ignored them." -Terry Pratchett
Dinadan
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Dinadan »

Maybe they just cannot afford a real 6380. This fake is edging toward the price for a real one, though. If it goes any higher I really will be wondering about human nature.
Mel
Miller Bro's
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Miller Bro's »

Mumbleypeg wrote: And next time it will be represented as a legitimate knife, and fools will bid on it believing it's legitimate. Ken
Fools are bidding on it right now thinking it is original and they are getting a great deal. ::nod::
AAPK Janitor
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

The ol' infamous Alligator jigged bone. ::barf::
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
OLDE CUTLER
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by OLDE CUTLER »

Mumbleypeg wrote:Keep a watch out for it. It will turn up again, listed by a less honest seller. And next time it will be represented as a legitimate knife, and fools will bid on it believing it's legitimate. ::facepalm::

Ken
Right you are. It may come up for sale multiple times, the price doubling each time. This seller is admitting it is a fake, the next ones in line will NOT.
"Sometimes even the blind chicken finds corn"
4ever3

Post by 4ever3 »

1967redrider wrote:The ol' infamous Alligator jigged bone. ::barf::

POST OF THE WEEK ::nod::

That’s hilarious!
Got Sowbelly's ?

jsteely@cox.net
Dinadan
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Dinadan »

I see that knife sold for $65. Plus $6 dollars shipping that puts the price at $71 for a knife that is advertised as a fake. And there are real 6380s on Ebay for $100 buy it now. Completely nuts.
Attachments
Fake Case.jpg
Mel
Knife Nut
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Knife Nut »

I can almost guess the the person that bought this fake.
Yeah, you betcha, this will show up on ebay in the near future as authentic.

Paul
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Knife Nut wrote:I can almost guess the the person that bought this fake.
Yeah, you betcha, this will show up on ebay in the near future as authentic.

Paul
Could you mean sporty?
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
just bob

Post by just bob »

They must be growing these on trees and the seller states it is a counterfeit and you guessed it he has 17 bids already.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-3-blad ... 1438.l2649
Attachments
case .jpg
“The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.” (Paulo Coelho)

Men make plans and God laughs

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

just bob wrote:They must be growing these on trees and the seller states it is a counterfeit and you guessed it he has 17 bids already.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-3-blad ... 1438.l2649

I don’t like to swear but WTF is the only thing I can think to say. Mind numbingly stupid. I have noticed that these all look alike, except for the “reliable” knife that someone put up yesterday or the day before, that one was just plain bad.
I wish I could get bids this good on my authentic knives that I sell. It just makes no sense.
SSk
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
TwoFlowersLuggage
Location: Stuck in traffic on a highway in Southern California

Post by TwoFlowersLuggage »

As time goes on, and the true experts on old knives dwindle, there may eventually come a time when the vast majority of buyers believe these things are authentic. A smart counterfeiter doesn't copy the rarest, most expensive and well-known items - they counterfeit the middle of the road - $100-$200 items would be just about perfect. You don't counterfeit $10,000 bills - they would instantly be scrutinized by the best experts in the business. You counterfeit $20 & $100 bills, and you do it in mass quantities to the unwashed masses.
"The Luggage had a straightforward way of dealing with things between it and its intended destination: it ignored them." -Terry Pratchett

Return to “Counterfeit Watch”