Fake Case?

A place to discuss & share pictures of counterfeit knives. Please be sure to alert the AAPK community if you spot one. Also make sure to ask questions if you are not certain about the authenticity of a knife you are considering buying or selling. There are plenty of great people here willing to help.
just bob

Fake Case?

Post by just bob »

What do you make of this? Just another brand knife in a Case box and not a fake at all? Certainly not a sod buster jr. blade. Doesn't look like a Case knife at all. Isn't a Chrerokee knife made in China?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/KNIFE-COLLECTO ... OSwy5BatYK~
Attachments
fake case.jpg
“The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.” (Paulo Coelho)

Men make plans and God laughs

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.
olderdogs1

Re: Fake Case?

Post by olderdogs1 »

Bob, what he says USA country of manufacturer he must be referring to the box. Sounds like he knows better and a little misleading as well with the picture of the box leading off. ::td::

Tom
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Location: Near Austin, Texas, between a Rock and a Weird Place

Post by Paladin »

I doubt that the Case version of the Cherokee was made in China. At least I hope not. According to Goins, the Cherokee dates from 1977 to 1978 and I'm thinking that was prior to the Chinese invasion. I'll very interested in hearing from the Case folks on this as I just listed one in my store. I had never heard of the Case Cherokee line of knives before listing it.

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Please visit my store SWEETWATER KNIVES
"Buy more ammo" - Johnnie Fain
"I'm glad I ain't scared to be lazy." Augustus McCrae
OLDE CUTLER
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by OLDE CUTLER »

Why does Ebay allow this kind of misrepresentation of products? This knife looks NOTHING like a Case Sodbuster. It is a Case box with some Chinese or Crapistan knife in it!!! How could anyone say it looks like a Sodbuster?
A Case Sodbuster.
IMG_2093.JPG
"Sometimes even the blind chicken finds corn"
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

Looks like the guy is posting additional information on this, he must be getting barraged w/ people who know better. He must be a complete novice at knives. He really should pull that listing and start over, that is not now, nor ever been a Case knife.
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan

Return to “Counterfeit Watch”