Case 6254 tested era

A place to discuss & share pictures of counterfeit knives. Please be sure to alert the AAPK community if you spot one. Also make sure to ask questions if you are not certain about the authenticity of a knife you are considering buying or selling. There are plenty of great people here willing to help.
gsmith7158
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Case 6254 tested era

Post by gsmith7158 »

This knife is obviously not a tested era trapper. It does however look like it may have been made by Case. It's a very nice knife and may not belong in the counterfeit thread. Is anyone familiar with this reproduction?
https://m.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-CASE-Tes ... %7Ciid%3A1
Attachments
s-l400 (62).jpg
s-l400 (62).jpg (13.64 KiB) Viewed 1526 times
------------------

Greg

IF YOU AIN'T BUYING OR LOOKING AT A KNIFE THEN YOU AIN'T LIVING.
Always looking to buy good quality Empire knives.

PROUD MEMBER AAPK, NRA.
knifeaholic
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Case 6254 tested era

Post by knifeaholic »

Greg; I think it is a modern knife, came from Case as-is. I think Case calls it the "tang stamp" series, where they reproduce old stamps and old boxes.
Steve Pfeiffer, author of Collecting Case Knives: Identification and Price Guide published by Krause Publications.
gsmith7158
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by gsmith7158 »

knifeaholic wrote:Greg; I think it is a modern knife, came from Case as-is. I think Case calls it the "tang stamp" series, where they reproduce old stamps and old boxes.
Steve I do recall the antique tang stamp series . I guess I'm just not familiar with the offerings from it. Not a bad looking knife though.
------------------

Greg

PROUD MEMBER AAPK, NRA.
KnifeSlinger#81

Post by KnifeSlinger#81 »

I am familiar with the antique stamp series as well but it confuses me as to why case would do it because it seems like it would muddy the waters even further in identifying legitimate old cases in the sea of fakes.
-Paul T.

WANTED: Shapleigh Diamond Edge branded Schrades in good condition.
gsmith7158
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by gsmith7158 »

KnifeSlinger#81 wrote:I am familiar with the antique stamp series as well but it confuses me as to why case would do it because it seems like it would muddy the waters even further in identifying legitimate old cases in the sea of fakes.
Paul that was my exact reaction when I initially saw the antique tang stamp series. This one is marked SS for stainless though. I think they still need a date defining stamp though.
------------------

Greg

PROUD MEMBER AAPK, NRA.
rexstubbins

Post by rexstubbins »

If it's stainless then I thought that it's not from the Tested era but not for sure. Just my observation. Also the model stamp on the pile side might be a give away.
Doug

The words vintage and antique are vague. Actually most words are vague. Even the word vague is vague.
Pocket Knife Art

Return to “Counterfeit Watch”