Lackawanna never made a bone sowbelly

A place to discuss & share pictures of counterfeit knives. Please be sure to alert the AAPK community if you spot one. Also make sure to ask questions if you are not certain about the authenticity of a knife you are considering buying or selling. There are plenty of great people here willing to help.
celluloidheros

Lackawanna never made a bone sowbelly

Post by celluloidheros »

TommyGG is at it again. Wow, what can we do to stop this BS ?
2018-06-24 21_30_44-Vintage Lackawanna Sow Belly 2 blade folding knife 1917-1930 Pa. Bone 3 1_2_ _ e.jpg
Thanks, DC
Gunsil

Re: Lackawanna never made a bone sowbelly

Post by Gunsil »

All anybody can do is to not get their knickers in a knot and let it be. Ebay will never do anything to stop fakes/forgeries, they make good money from it. Trying to stop it is like pi$$ing in the wind. A friend of mine says let the suckers buy this stuff, it just leaves them with less money to bid against others on good knives. I think this is cold, but it is true. None of us can be the ebay police, all we can do is post fakes so members here don't get burned and likely most members here know Tommy and some of the other ebay purveyors of spurious knives well and stay away from their sales. It is a sad state of affairs no doubt but there just isn't much anybody can do to stem the tide of ebay fakes and forgeries.
RobesonsRme.com

Re: Lackawanna never made a bone sowbelly

Post by RobesonsRme.com »

Maybe some of you have more knowledge, as I was strictly a one brand collector, but my impression of Lackawanna is that they did not make high quality knives.

Charlie
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

"...Men may spurn our appeals, reject our message, oppose our arguments, despise our persons ___but they are helpless against our prayers. "

Sidlow Baxter

Return to “Counterfeit Watch”