FAKE TESTED TOOTHPICK?

A place to discuss & share pictures of counterfeit knives. Please be sure to alert the AAPK community if you spot one. Also make sure to ask questions if you are not certain about the authenticity of a knife you are considering buying or selling. There are plenty of great people here willing to help.
TheGoat13

FAKE TESTED TOOTHPICK?

Post by TheGoat13 »

Hello,I'm looking for some expertise on this TESTED era green bone toothpick that recently sold on ebay.a friend of mine bought fairly cheap and this knife books for over a $1000 if I'm not mistaken.the pictures aren't great,I'll try to add some better ones tomorrow.the c on the tang stamp looks odd to me,what do u guys think? Thanks
Attachments
Screenshot_20180620-210342.png
Screenshot_20180620-210349.png
Screenshot_20180620-210351.png
Screenshot_20180620-210356.png
Screenshot_20180620-210358.png
knifeaholic
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: FAKE TESTED TOOTHPICK?

Post by knifeaholic »

I would need better photos of the blade and stamp to completely evaluate. However, the bone appears to be modern jigged green bone (similar to what was used for example on the Case Classics).
Steve Pfeiffer, author of Collecting Case Knives: Identification and Price Guide published by Krause Publications.
XxTestedxX

Post by XxTestedxX »

I have seen a few questionable knives from this seller, I would agree the way these handles look replaced.

But likely hood that the knife frame/blade legit? possible, cleaned a but and profile off the blade.

avoid
TheGoat13

Post by TheGoat13 »

I appreciate it guys.im still waiting to get a better picture of the stamp from my friend.
TheGoat13

Post by TheGoat13 »

Here's a better pic of the stamp
Attachments
Screenshot_20180623-083217.png
RalphAlsip

Post by RalphAlsip »

I tried to enlarge the parts of the picture that are in question. Still fuzzy due to low resolution picture.

What remains of the Tested XX stamp looks fine to me - it's worn off somewhat, or maybe the flash from the camera is making appear missing.

Shield is probably ok, difficult to evaluate due to low resolution picture.

The blade profile looks like a 095 blade to me.

As others have previously mentioned, it does not have the original handles and the handles it does have are not Tested XX handles.
Attachments
Case Tested Stamp.jpg
Case Tested Shield.jpg
celluloidheros

Post by celluloidheros »

The handle jigging does not look correct for green bone, however if it's rogers bone then they used a totally different jig. It looks more like rogers jigging. Usually when you have questions they are well founded, you friend should be able to return the knife no questions asked.
Thanks, DC

Return to “Counterfeit Watch”