Pal Scout Knife

A place to discuss & share pictures of counterfeit knives. Please be sure to alert the AAPK community if you spot one. Also make sure to ask questions if you are not certain about the authenticity of a knife you are considering buying or selling. There are plenty of great people here willing to help.
just bob

Pal Scout Knife

Post by just bob »

I'm guessing this isn't legit and the Pal blade has been put in this frame - thus the wobble. Anyone ever seen a R,W, & B, Pal scout knife? I don't think they exist?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/PAL-CUT-CO-SCO ... Swiz5a33Qr
Attachments
scout.jpg
“The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.” (Paulo Coelho)

Men make plans and God laughs

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.
whitebuffalo58

Re: Pal Scout Knife

Post by whitebuffalo58 »

I've never seen one like it from Pal and IMHO somebody is paying waaaay too much for that knife.(12 bids @ $113+) Personally, I don't like the kick on the spear blade. Looks like it's been taken down just about as far as it can, in order to get it to seat into the blade well. Not to mention the obvious "gnarly" pivot pin.

I'd give it... ::td:: ::td::

WB
eveled

Post by eveled »

I just won this on eBay. Then came here and saw this thread and thought it was about my new knife. I paid just under $30.
s-l400 (2).jpg
s-l400 (2).jpg (12.21 KiB) Viewed 1609 times
just bob

Post by just bob »

There is no doubt Pal made a scout knife, it's the timing of the R,W, & B that is in question. Pal bought Remington about 1940 and the R,W, & B knife was most popular towards and after the end of WWI . My little reference book shows Pal Cutlery was created in 1929 and so that would be after the war was over in 1918. The frame of the knife doesn't look like the other Pal knives you see and as mentioned the blade has been altered to fit the frame. Also as mentioned above someone paid a lot of $ for a bad knife as we often see in this forum. Info on R,W, & B knives. I kind of like these and have several. I also know there are scout knife experts that browse this forum, maybe they have an opinion?

http://www.oregonknifeclub.org/Newsletter%200703.pdf

http://webspace.ship.edu/mbyoh/mbyoh/RWB_Knives.html
“The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.” (Paulo Coelho)

Men make plans and God laughs

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.
ronfish
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by ronfish »

This is an Imperial made knife with a PAL blade installed. Fake.
Ron

WARNING: Knife Addiction in Progress.
ronfish
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by ronfish »

Ron

WARNING: Knife Addiction in Progress.

Return to “Counterfeit Watch”