Buck 110 Stag

A place to discuss & share pictures of counterfeit knives. Please be sure to alert the AAPK community if you spot one. Also make sure to ask questions if you are not certain about the authenticity of a knife you are considering buying or selling. There are plenty of great people here willing to help.
cody6268

Buck 110 Stag

Post by cody6268 »

I don't see a Buck 110, just some cheap (probably Chinese or Pakistani) knife with a gut hook. The bidders must be pretty foolish to have bid it up to $41 when it's obviously not a 110.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Buck-k ... 0009.m1982
OLDE CUTLER
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Buck 110 Stag

Post by OLDE CUTLER »

cody6268 wrote:I don't see a Buck 110, just some cheap (probably Chinese or Pakistani) knife with a gut hook. The bidders must be pretty foolish to have bid it up to $41 when it's obviously not a 110.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Buck-k ... 0009.m1982
Sure doesn't look like a Buck 110. Like you said, not a 110, probably some ones idea of a custom 110. Look at the top view and see how unsymmetrical the stag is. Unbelievable what people will bid on on (and buy) on Ebay these days.
"Sometimes even the blind chicken finds corn"
Eye Brand Man

Post by Eye Brand Man »

Not even remotely a Buck product ::td:: It's a Pakistan special. It's amazing how people go by what there told something is instead of what they see. Guess that's all you can do when you don't know what your looking at ::shrug::
Eye Brand Collector
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Read his description carefully and he doesn't actually say that the knife is a 110 only that it is a Buck 110 sheath. Very carefully worded to deceive.
hardman
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by hardman »

doglegg wrote:Read his description carefully and he doesn't actually say that the knife is a 110 only that it is a Buck 110 sheath. Very carefully worded to deceive.
My thoughts exactly.
Gary

"Now it cuts like a knife, but it feels so right." Bryan Adams
terryl308
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by terryl308 »

The only thing buck about that thing is possibly the cordura pouch! Not even good or real stag in my opinion! Looks more like deer or elk antler. Ugly too! ::td:: Terry

t
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
kenb

Post by kenb »

Sold for 60 bucks. This knife is a $20 frost cutlery choctaw lockback. It's a shame that people misrepresent things like this, and it's a bigger shame that people who make these purchases are uneducated in knives or hit the bid button in the heat of the moment not even realizing what they are buying.
Ken
eveled

Post by eveled »

Really sad.

On a similar note, I recently saw a smooth bone Buck fixed blade knife. I forget which model, but it was one of the three readily available from Bass Pro. Sell on eBay for more than it did from Bass Pro. The listing said it was a limited edition. Limited to however many you want to order from BP!
gino

Post by gino »

Not even close to a 110
Another deceitful fleabay story they never end
-( life is too short to carry a cheap knife )-

Return to “Counterfeit Watch”