Just curious

A place to discuss & share pictures of counterfeit knives. Please be sure to alert the AAPK community if you spot one. Also make sure to ask questions if you are not certain about the authenticity of a knife you are considering buying or selling. There are plenty of great people here willing to help.
alabama

Re: Just curious

Post by alabama »

when queen stopped tang stamps-THEY INKED IT ON THE BLADE
alabama

Post by alabama »

two flowers luggage-I was wondering that myself--by the way my-D....SS ordered 2 apprentice made knives that are exactly the same as this one--first impression-Pakistan...I tried to sharpen one with carbide sharpener--metal crumbles like a china Winchester--I sold one for 5 dollars at flea mkt..ps-i have china made knives that sharpen-that I like better than NEW case knives..
alabama

Post by alabama »

I sent seller a message myself and got the same-BUCK knife response...told him about apprentice made knives being the same..they cant be I live 20 miles from the buck factory---
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

He could live in the Buck factory and it still wouldn't make that knife right.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
tongueriver

Post by tongueriver »

He could describe that knife honestly and still get his price. Some folk just ain't honest. He can't plead ignorance at this point.
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

I actually have one exactly like that. T.J. Murphy sent it to me several years ago. It came with the piece of paper shown but I don't know if it belongs with the knife or not. After a little research, it appears that it may. A thread on BF from back in 2004 claims the knives originate in Pakistan. After handling the knife, that doesn't stretch my imagination.
Attachments
DSC08925.JPG
DSC08926.JPG
DSC08927.JPG
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
alabama

Post by alabama »

i have 2 with papers saying they were made by ??? apprentice-I contacted the man sent him here-he e-mailed me back yesterday and said it looked bad (for his knife) and that he took listing down-today its back up on 27 dollar buy it now---with a new paper saying it is tool steel--he blocked my messages-let him have it with your own messages--

Return to “Counterfeit Watch”