Here We Go Again - Case Fixed Blade

A place to discuss & share pictures of counterfeit knives. Please be sure to alert the AAPK community if you spot one. Also make sure to ask questions if you are not certain about the authenticity of a knife you are considering buying or selling. There are plenty of great people here willing to help.
btrwtr
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Here We Go Again - Case Fixed Blade

Post by btrwtr »

Here we go again with another poorly re-handled and over buffed knife bringing big money on eBay.None of the original chrome plating left on this knife. Look closely at the pictures and know that you will never see an original, older Case stag handle hunting knife with a handle profile like that of this knife. The drastic change of thickness from the spacers to the too fat handle material as well as the concave dip in the spacers on the back spine of the knife between the blade and stag are dead wrong.

He fails to mention that the sheath keeper strap is not original and the position of it has been changed to accommodate the fat non-original stag handles.

Hard to believe people will spend this kind of money without knowing what they are buying.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/152862365509?rmvSB=true
Attachments
fake stag.jpg
fake stag 2.jpg
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.

Wayne

Please visit My AAPK store https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/catalog/btrwtr
Gunsil

Re: Here We Go Again - Case Fixed Blade

Post by Gunsil »

Yeah Wayne, Brad and myself have been laughing about this one. Really a shame though that some poor guy is spending so much on a made up knife. I don't think the chrome has been buffed off this one though, I don't think it was a chrome model in the first place. Most with that mark are not chromed.
btrwtr
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by btrwtr »

Gunsil wrote:Yeah Wayne, Brad and myself have been laughing about this one. Really a shame though that some poor guy is spending so much on a made up knife. I don't think the chrome has been buffed off this one though, I don't think it was a chrome model in the first place. Most with that mark are not chromed.
Gene I'm sure that could be the case on the plating. Far from original with lots of buffing though.

Wayne

KleenCut61

Post by KleenCut61 »

Beautiful Handles < Love To Now were he's getting his Materials .. Some Could Appreciate a knife Like That . Real or Not , That's $500.00 Worth of Eye Candy if there ever Was .. :shock: IMHO
btrwtr
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by btrwtr »

An ugly rework and sold for an amazing $519 plus shipping.

Wayne

Gunsil

Post by Gunsil »

What I want to know Wayne, is how do we get those kind of prices for our fine original stuff?? Man, these buyers from this guy are getting soaked!!
btrwtr
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by btrwtr »

Gunsil wrote:What I want to know Wayne, is how do we get those kind of prices for our fine original stuff?? Man, these buyers from this guy are getting soaked!!
Good question Gene and I'm sure one that others have posed as well. I know I've sold so many far better knives for so much less.

Hope to see you at Mystic. Maybe we can figure it out then.

Wayne

have aknife day

Post by have aknife day »

This fellow has been selling TESTED STAG FIXED BLADE knives for months.....i know they have all been polished to death,but are they mostly all FAKES??
Dont worry i DID NOT buy any!! ::dang::
Gunsil

Post by Gunsil »

Many of them have had stag handles installed that were not original to the knives and those re-handled ones from this guy often have spacers that are not original either so the handles fit. Installing non factory handles make the knives fake, especially on the models that never had stag handles when new. And yes, he buffs the daylights out of them, buffs off the chrome on chrome plated ones.

Wayne, I have my tables reserved for Mystic, looking forward to seeing you there!!

Return to “Counterfeit Watch”