Case Tested Folding Hunters

A place to discuss & share pictures of counterfeit knives. Please be sure to alert the AAPK community if you spot one. Also make sure to ask questions if you are not certain about the authenticity of a knife you are considering buying or selling. There are plenty of great people here willing to help.
just bob

Case Tested Folding Hunters

Post by just bob »

Compare these 2 Case Tested Era knives. The first one is a beauty. Notice the pin placement on the handles.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-VINTAGE-C ... SwoVNaIboM

Now look at this one and the pin placement on the handles. Also look at the shoddy work on the center pin head. Looks like it's been smashed. Did Case make a tested era folding hunter with this pin placement? Doubtful? Handles look like they have been put on this knife. Maybe the blade has been put in this frame?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-CASE-T ... 1438.l2649
Attachments
ebay pic.jpg
“The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.” (Paulo Coelho)

Men make plans and God laughs

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.
tongueriver

Re: Case Tested Folding Hunters

Post by tongueriver »

I can't answer your question, but the handle pinning on the one in question is the same as on the old Schrades, and the celluloid color is also very close to what I have seen on some of the old Schrades.
KnifeSlinger#81

Post by KnifeSlinger#81 »

tongueriver wrote:I can't answer your question, but the handle pinning on the one in question is the same as on the old Schrades, and the celluloid color is also very close to what I have seen on some of the old Schrades.
I agree.
-Paul T.

WANTED: Shapleigh Diamond Edge branded Schrades in good condition.
btrwtr
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by btrwtr »

Case did make a Tested 65 in celluloid with that handle pin placement. Yellow, cracked ice, Christmas tree and goldstone handles. Flat and saber ground blades.The extra pins were necessary for the celluloid. The second knife looks roughed up but correct to me.

I don't think the first knife has the original handles. Not the first altered knife or only one currently listed by this seller.
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.

Wayne

Please visit My AAPK store https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/catalog/btrwtr
zp4ja

Post by zp4ja »

btrwtr wrote:Case did make a Tested 65 in celluloid with that handle pin placement. Yellow, cracked ice, Christmas tree and goldstone handles. Flat and saber ground blades.The extra pins were necessary for the celluloid. The second knife looks roughed up but correct to me.

I don't think the first knife has the original handles. Not the first altered knife or only one currently listed by this seller.
Agreed Wayne. I have a TESTED flat blade thin Hunter 3165 with 6 pins like that.
That man is a success who has lived well, laughed often and loved much; who leaves the world better than he found it; who never lacked appreciation of earth's beauty or failed to express it; who looked for the best in other's and gave the best he had.
btrwtr
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by btrwtr »

Thin frame Tested 9165. 5 pins here.
Attachments
IMG_5855[1].JPG

Wayne

just bob

Post by just bob »

Good information. Thanks for taking the time to post the pictures. Certainly there is a lot to learn on these older knives and this is a great way to get started.
“The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.” (Paulo Coelho)

Men make plans and God laughs

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.
98src
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 98src »

The second knife has cracked ice handles...not imitation onyx.
zp4ja

Post by zp4ja »

btrwtr wrote:Thin frame Tested 9165. 5 pins here.
Here is my 6 pin TESTED 3165 "Thin Hunter" with flat blade I mentioned previously...

viewtopic.php?f=66&t=32607&hilit=CASE+TESTED+3165

Jerry
That man is a success who has lived well, laughed often and loved much; who leaves the world better than he found it; who never lacked appreciation of earth's beauty or failed to express it; who looked for the best in other's and gave the best he had.
btrwtr
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by btrwtr »

For posterity here is the picture of the knife from the first link posted above. Heavily cleaned knife with newly installed handles. Handle color is wrong and pin placement is incorrect for celluloid on a 65 pattern Tested knife.
Attachments
Case 3265 SAB bad handles.jpg

Wayne

Return to “Counterfeit Watch”