Pretty sure this one's not right

A place to discuss & share pictures of counterfeit knives. Please be sure to alert the AAPK community if you spot one. Also make sure to ask questions if you are not certain about the authenticity of a knife you are considering buying or selling. There are plenty of great people here willing to help.
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Pretty sure this one's not right

Post by Mumbleypeg »

I'll be surprised if this one is legit. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-Case-XX-6 ... SwvTpaEPXI Pictures are poor. Seller says it's a rare Case XX 630925 with bonestag handles. ::shrug:: Doesn't look like a Case. The stamp looks like maybe 63092 S. But the 092 pattern is a square end pattern (typically a "Birdseye" as far back as the Bradford era), not round like this one. On the plus side though, the shield does look a little bit Case Brothers. :lol:

Anybody ever seen another Case like this one?

Ken
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (18.77 KiB) Viewed 2521 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (19.75 KiB) Viewed 2521 times
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
peanut740
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Pretty sure this one's not right

Post by peanut740 »

Challenge had a trapper that used a humpback spey blade like that. If it is a Case it has to be a contract knife.Pictures suck.
Roger
RalphAlsip

Post by RalphAlsip »

I agree its not a 92. The listing seems to imply it is a Tested era knife and doesn't look like a Tested knife. The year specified in the listing says 1975 and its also not a 70's era Case.
rexstubbins

Post by rexstubbins »

Definitely not right. Whoever kluged this one together isn't even a decent knife mechanic. Look how the groves in the bolsters are crimped in where they peened the pins. It really disgusts me when people try to deceive like that.
Doug

The words vintage and antique are vague. Actually most words are vague. Even the word vague is vague.
Pocket Knife Art
btrwtr
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by btrwtr »

Other than looking nothing like a Case knife from any era and very rough overall it looks pretty good for a terrible fake.
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.

Wayne

Please visit My AAPK store https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/catalog/btrwtr
TwoFlowersLuggage
Location: Stuck in traffic on a highway in Southern California

Post by TwoFlowersLuggage »

These two picture are trying to tell us something - those marks don't seem to match the little I know about Case stamps.
2017-12-27_230928.png
2017-12-27_230959.png
"The Luggage had a straightforward way of dealing with things between it and its intended destination: it ignored them." -Terry Pratchett
btrwtr
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by btrwtr »

Among the many things wrong with this knife I don't recall ever seeing a pattern number stamped on more that one blade of a multi blade Tested era knife. Maybe someone else has? Looks like a Schrade frame to me.
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.

Wayne

Please visit My AAPK store https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/catalog/btrwtr
knifeaholic
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by knifeaholic »

No part of that knife was made by Case. All the markings appear to be lightly engraved. I agree with Wayne; resembles Schrade bone.
Steve Pfeiffer, author of Collecting Case Knives: Identification and Price Guide published by Krause Publications.
smokeon

Post by smokeon »

It looks like a Schrade to me as well.

Return to “Counterfeit Watch”