Fake Case XX 93 Pattern Toothpick

A place to discuss & share pictures of counterfeit knives. Please be sure to alert the AAPK community if you spot one. Also make sure to ask questions if you are not certain about the authenticity of a knife you are considering buying or selling. There are plenty of great people here willing to help.
Robo

Fake Case XX 93 Pattern Toothpick

Post by Robo »

I got ripped off buying a "Case Tested XX" in my young, tender years (about 6 months ago) and vowed afterward to call out EBay sellers listing counterfeited or otherwise rigged knives. I politely warn them to pull the knife, giving them the benefit of the doubt that they are selling a bogus blade without being aware of it. The first one pulled it and thanked me. The second was in denial, so I said "OK, fine, go to AAPK and see what the guys over there are saying about your knife"--then he pulled it. This is the latest. I just messaged him. We'll see how he responds. It's got too many red flag issues to list! Thanks for your input!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/c-1940-64-CASE ... 3322833401?
Attachments
s-l1600-7.jpg
s-l1600-6.jpg
s-l1600-5.jpg
btrwtr
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Fake Case XX 93 Pattern Toothpick

Post by btrwtr »

Fake as can be. Credit to you in making sellers aware. It can be a tough job and we know that eBay won't pass any judgement on it.
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.

Wayne

Please visit My AAPK store https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/catalog/btrwtr
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Thanks for joining in the fight against counterfeits. When I see counterfeits I also try to tactfully advise sellers, and explain to the seller what is wrong with the knife. Most times they thank me and pull the knife. However on one I recently posted here in the counterfeits forum, the seller told me "mind your own business".

And despite advising eBay itself on dozens of fakes, I have yet to receive any response or acknowledgement from them, nor have any reported listings ever been removed or altered as a result. ::dang::

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
Robo

Post by Robo »

I hear you, brothers, thanks for the support. I'm totally live-and-let-live in most aspects of my life; but some kinda good has to come out of my obsessive study of the "Tickler" pattern. I keep telling my wife and kids my knowledge of the 93 pattern is greater than anyone else's in the known galaxy. For some reason they're not all that impressed. Go figure...Anyway the seller sent me a reply saying "thanks for the heads-up" haven't checked to see if he pulled it yet.
Robo

Post by Robo »

Counterfeit Watch: Making The world safe for Knife nuts everywhere.

The seller thanked me for the heads-up and pulled the knife.

Happy Holidays AAPK!!! Hope your 2018 is the best year ever!
Attachments
Screen Shot 2017-12-22 at 12.04.39 PM.png

Return to “Counterfeit Watch”