Warning

A place to discuss & share pictures of counterfeit knives. Please be sure to alert the AAPK community if you spot one. Also make sure to ask questions if you are not certain about the authenticity of a knife you are considering buying or selling. There are plenty of great people here willing to help.
just bob

Warning

Post by just bob »

This seller has many Case factory seconds listed. Don't buy into this - they are all shams. You don't have to be an expert to knw the 09 pattern is a Barlow. This is only one of many that I think have been marked as counterfeits by a previous concerned collector to alert others.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/CASE-BRADFORD- ... Swj99aCKZR
Attachments
yyyyy .jpg
“The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.” (Paulo Coelho)

Men make plans and God laughs

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.
espn77

Re: Warning

Post by espn77 »

He has been selling all kinds of different brands with the same drill holes in the tang. I wonder if the guy he bought them off of was a knife mecanic who had a bunch of parts. Put blades into frames that fit for good users then drilled the tang so that they couldn't be sold as correct knives??? Then this guy got a hold of them and is trying to do exactly what another was trying to prevent. Just a theory.
knifeaholic
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by knifeaholic »

just bob wrote:This seller has many Case factory seconds listed. Don't buy into this - they are all shams. You don't have to be an expert to knw the 09 pattern is a Barlow. This is only one of many that I think have been marked as counterfeits by a previous concerned collector to alert others.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/CASE-BRADFORD- ... Swj99aCKZR

Actually the pattern number for the Ebay knife is correct - the 09 pattern was the large gunstock, in the Bradford to Tested era. Remember the barlow is not the 09 but the 009.

This sellers knives puzzle me...the blades look to be older blades...the frames look to be older frames. I will ahve to take a closer look at some of them.
Steve Pfeiffer, author of Collecting Case Knives: Identification and Price Guide published by Krause Publications.
just bob

Post by just bob »

Also look at the seller's completed items. Some have already sold.
“The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.” (Paulo Coelho)

Men make plans and God laughs

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.
OLDE CUTLER
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by OLDE CUTLER »

Many thanks to you guys who post warnings about scams like this. Another good reason to be a part of AAPK.
"Sometimes even the blind chicken finds corn"
americanedgetech

Post by americanedgetech »

Well... That one just sold for 139.00 and change.
Ken Mc.

WTB Kershaw 2120 MACHO Lockback Parts knife
I need a pile side scale. THX!

Return to “Counterfeit Watch”