Bad Miller Bros

A place to discuss & share pictures of counterfeit knives. Please be sure to alert the AAPK community if you spot one. Also make sure to ask questions if you are not certain about the authenticity of a knife you are considering buying or selling. There are plenty of great people here willing to help.
Gunsil

Bad Miller Bros

Post by Gunsil »

Don't anybody get burned on this one!!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-MILLER ... Sw-olaB4LU
kootenay joe

Re: Bad Miller Bros

Post by kootenay joe »

I have a knife that looks very similar but i cannot recall how it is marked. I will check when back home.
I refer to the maker of these knives as "Archie" because the tang marking is always in an arch. Usually one of the more rare patterns and with fancy bolsters & caps. And unlike this one, usually lesser known markings like "Henckel & Joyce".
I have 3 "Archie's", all from ebay for little money as i think many collectors now recognize these knives as fakes. These 3 are well made, sharp, very usable attractive knives, a good deal for ~ $20. I'll add this one too if it stays low.
kj
americanedgetech

Post by americanedgetech »

That is a brand new knife correct? Made to be fake?

The jigging runs straight out into the bolsters... Why not put some effort into it ::shrug::
IMHO even 20 bucks is too much. You could buy two new Rough Riders that are well built for the same money or some HOK that fell thru the cracks.
Attachments
s-l1600 (10).jpg
s-l1600 (11).jpg
s-l1600 (12).jpg
Ken Mc.

WTB Kershaw 2120 MACHO Lockback Parts knife
I need a pile side scale. THX!
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Here are 3 fake knives, all well made perfectly usable knives, that i believe were made by same person who made the OP "Miller Bros." knife.
Note that one is the same pattern as OP knife and differs only in shield and markings, mine having "Maher & Grosh"
My "Miller Bros" marked knife is the Swell Center jack. The secondary has the nail nick & markings on the back side. Is this how original Miller Bros made this pattern ?
The Henckle & Joyce Serpentine jack looked new when i got it so i tried the potato trick and ended up with excessive patina. I have carried & used this knife and it is a good knife, works as well as my GEC's.
The use of of 'cross hatching' at base of bolster, arched tang markings and more rare patterns are some of the features that can help spot these.
The story is of a guy who shows up at East Coast knife shows with a bucket full of knives he has built. He sells them as his own creations but once in circulation many become "vintage, mint ----".
kj
Attachments
IMGP3050.JPG
IMGP3051.JPG
IMGP3052.JPG
IMGP3053.JPG
IMGP3054.JPG
IMGP3057.JPG
IMGP3056.JPG
IMGP3058.JPG
americanedgetech

Post by americanedgetech »

I have to say that the first, and last knives that you posted are desirable to people like myself that are looking into re-sale value. They IMHO have value because they both have that "vintage" feel. Real old or not they have that affordable feel to them.
The others are cool as collectibles as far as "cool" goes, and just for the reason you own them. Nice group! ::tu::
Ken Mc.

WTB Kershaw 2120 MACHO Lockback Parts knife
I need a pile side scale. THX!
cbnutt

Post by cbnutt »

Are real Miller Bros . stamps in a curve or arch ? I have one I think is real, the stamp is arched .
Shoot low sheriff, he's ridin a Shetland.....
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

cbnutt, i would like to know as well. There are collectors of Miller Bros. here so i hope one will post.
kj
peanut740
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by peanut740 »

Miller Brothers can be straight line also.
Roger

Return to “Counterfeit Watch”