Bad Case hunter on the bay

A place to discuss & share pictures of counterfeit knives. Please be sure to alert the AAPK community if you spot one. Also make sure to ask questions if you are not certain about the authenticity of a knife you are considering buying or selling. There are plenty of great people here willing to help.
Gunsil

Bad Case hunter on the bay

Post by Gunsil »

Here's a badly trumped up Case hunting knife, almost 200 bucks and counting on my favorite bay. This "EXPERT" model never had a stag handle, they had hard rubber handles and no aluminum pommels. The pommel itself here has a German or English made knife profile rather than a Case profile. This seller has recently made a lot of money selling supposedly mint and original stag handles which they were not.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-1920-1 ... 1438.l2649

Pictures added by mod for posterity:
Attachments
expert1.jpg
expert2.jpg
btrwtr
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Bad Case hunter on the bay

Post by btrwtr »

Yes. This is the same eBay seller that has sold all the high dollar fake stag knives with the chrome finish removed from the blades.

Here is a supposed Case XX 5324 that has non-original stag handles that he recently sold for $280 and a supposed 5361 CASE with non-original stag handles that sold for $455.99. A lot of money for a reworked knives with the chrome plating removed. Given the condition of these knives I wouldn't rate them any higher than their utility value and wouldn't want them at that price.

Last picture is the OP knife.
Attachments
case stag.jpg
case fake stag.jpg
case fake stag expert.jpg
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.

Wayne

Please visit My AAPK store https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/catalog/btrwtr
Gunsil

Post by Gunsil »

Yeah Wayne, Brad and I have been watching all of this guys fakes and having a good laugh. It is too bad some folks are getting ripped off though. Geez, I can't even get some of the prices he gets for fakes for some of my real ones at shows!
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

Well we all know shinny sells and those shore do shine. ::tu::

Return to “Counterfeit Watch”