Cherokee Knife?

A place to discuss & share pictures of counterfeit knives. Please be sure to alert the AAPK community if you spot one. Also make sure to ask questions if you are not certain about the authenticity of a knife you are considering buying or selling. There are plenty of great people here willing to help.
just bob

Cherokee Knife?

Post by just bob »

I know this isn't a pocket knife. Is there any chance this is legit? I would think something made in the 1800's by native Americans would be far more crude. This has a brass guard and a choil on the blade. The images I see on Google for a true native American knife do not look anything like this. Maybe an Indian took this from a cavalryman and used it as his own, but I doubt they made it. It kind of looks imported to me (Pakistan) Anyone have other ideas on this?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/EUC-Antique-Che ... 1438.l2649
Attachments
indian.jpg
“The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.” (Paulo Coelho)

Men make plans and God laughs

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Cherokee Knife?

Post by jerryd6818 »

A little bit better look at it.
Attachments
indian.jpg
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Gunsil

Post by Gunsil »

Indians didn't make steel knives, they traded for or bought them. Cherokees are still around, but this knife is either a 1960s or newer Western brand knife that has been severely abused or a Pakistani copy of the Western that has been severely abused. Is is not an antique knife at all, seller is either clueless or intentionally misrepresenting the knife.
just bob

Post by just bob »

That's what I thought. Thank you for posting that. I went out in the garage and dug in box marked "need to get rid of" and found this knife that is stamped Pakistan. I believe it and the ebay knife are the same right down to the handle rivets. The ebay knife is also far more worn. Another good lesson for potential ebay bidders.
Attachments
bb 1.JPG
bb 2.JPG
bb 3.JPG
bb 4.JPG
“The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.” (Paulo Coelho)

Men make plans and God laughs

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.
americanedgetech

Post by americanedgetech »

There is a seller to keep an eye on.
Either he is clueless, and potential bargains are coming OR he is a 12 year old named S Hapsburgh, and likes making up stories. ::nod::
Ken Mc.

WTB Kershaw 2120 MACHO Lockback Parts knife
I need a pile side scale. THX!
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

If you have a knife you don't want, bury it in your garden and then dig it up 1 year later. You will be amazed at how the knife now looks like a 100+ year old relic. It is the easiest way to create Civil War artifacts.
kj

Return to “Counterfeit Watch”