Remington bullet knife

A place to discuss & share pictures of counterfeit knives. Please be sure to alert the AAPK community if you spot one. Also make sure to ask questions if you are not certain about the authenticity of a knife you are considering buying or selling. There are plenty of great people here willing to help.
espn77

Remington bullet knife

Post by espn77 »

Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/122690001102

I think the shield might be right.
Attachments
20170907_085431.png
#goldpan

Re: Remington bullet knife

Post by #goldpan »

The shield may be right, but the inlay work is down right shoddy. Looks like it was pushed into Play Dough! ::barf:: I don't much about Remington Bullet knives but this looks like junk.... :?
RalphAlsip

Post by RalphAlsip »

Keith, even the shield looks wrong to me (bent down on the bullet tip and missing the lines by the center fire end of the cartridge). I think they are trying to suggest this is a R1253 - not even close. Bolsters are too long, bone is wrong, blade is wrong, etc. Terrible. ::barf::
espn77

Post by espn77 »

Got a kick out of the description, "might not be authentic" Ya think??? I don't thing there is an original piece of Remington on that thing.
buddyie22

Post by buddyie22 »

You know with all of the expertise that's available setting on the bottom shelf around here a guy could get smarter about knives just looking at the remarks on the questions members ask. I myself have taken a longer more enquissive look at knives before I bid or before I buy from individuals or junk stores or pawn shops . There are lot of you without mentioning names because I'm sure I would miss some one just suffice to say thank you for sharing. ::ds::
Honey do you have your pocket knife ? Do I have my pants on?
btrwtr
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by btrwtr »

I think the entire knife is right. Right out of the twilight zone.
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.

Wayne

Please visit My AAPK store https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/catalog/btrwtr
RalphAlsip

Post by RalphAlsip »

Sometimes you might read the phrase "across the room fake" in the counterfeit forum which means a knife is a very obvious fake. The original post knife in this thread fits that definition for me. Many times I have an intuition that a knife is not right from looking at it but even then I need to study the knife to know the objective reasons why my intuition says bad. In this situation I have some deep knowledge with the Remington Bullet knives because I have studied them extensively so I immediately knew the bolsters and the blade nail nick were wrong. If you would show me a well-done fake Robeson I likely wouldn't be able to tell because I am not familiar with Robesons.

Please look at the comparison picture below. In this case, I think it is pretty easy to determine which example is an old, well-designed knife constructed by a true craftsman and which one isn't.
Attachments
Comparison of real and unreal
Comparison of real and unreal
rexstubbins

Post by rexstubbins »

::barf::
Doug

The words vintage and antique are vague. Actually most words are vague. Even the word vague is vague.
Pocket Knife Art
supratentorial

Post by supratentorial »

The photo comparison is a really nice demonstration of the night and day difference.
Cletus Awreetus

Post by Cletus Awreetus »

this knife has been relisted on ebay as a "reproduction". great work by all you fellas! I love this place.
-the problem with society today is, no one drinks from the skulls of their dead enemies anymore..-

Return to “Counterfeit Watch”