Oh, my Word!

A place to discuss & share pictures of counterfeit knives. Please be sure to alert the AAPK community if you spot one. Also make sure to ask questions if you are not certain about the authenticity of a knife you are considering buying or selling. There are plenty of great people here willing to help.
tongueriver

Oh, my Word!

Post by tongueriver »

a Schrade 825 openstock frame with a Boker shield and some kind of Pakistani car-bumper blade thingies?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Boker-T ... Sw~e5ZVoDL :shock:
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Oh, my Word!

Post by philco »

The bidding is currently at 1 cent. That's well above what I'd consider paying for it. :lol:

Here's a picture of it for posterity.
Attachments
Boker.jpg
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
gsmith7158
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by gsmith7158 »

That could be an ancient and rare collab between Henry Boker and George Schrade that's been in the Boker vault for 95 years. No telling what it will go for.
------------------

Greg

IF YOU AIN'T BUYING OR LOOKING AT A KNIFE THEN YOU AIN'T LIVING.
Always looking to buy good quality Empire knives.

PROUD MEMBER AAPK, NRA.
SteelMyHeart85420

Post by SteelMyHeart85420 »

Wish I was selling that, so eBay could spend more time trying to figure how to get their 20% than it's worth to do so. ::shrug::
peanut740
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by peanut740 »

philco wrote:The bidding is currently at 1 cent. That's well above what I'd consider paying for it. :lol:

Here's a picture of it for posterity.
Well Phil,some might think that thing is plum purtty with them dumbascus blades. ::woot::
Roger
#goldpan

Post by #goldpan »

All I gotta say is .... ::facepalm::
zzyzzogeton

Post by zzyzzogeton »

Well, I put it on watch just to see if anyone else ends up bidding on it. ::uc::
tongueriver

Post by tongueriver »

tongueriver wrote:a Schrade 825 openstock frame with a Boker shield and some kind of Pakistani car-bumper blade thingies?
Well there were seven bidders for this worthless mutt and some guy with nearly 1900 ebay transactions was willing to pay just under $25 for it. It never ceases to amaze me how folk with hundreds of transactions under their belt continue to bid against themselves, over and over. It is ignorant to ever bid more than exactly once, a snipe bid in the last second of the auction. And then to do it with the view to buy this 'thing' as well? Bizarre. Ebay as theatre.
zp4ja

Post by zp4ja »

He has this one too. The legendary CASE half Moose. Legendary is my term as it fits the knife...

http://m.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Case-XX-K ... iid%253A22

Jerry
That man is a success who has lived well, laughed often and loved much; who leaves the world better than he found it; who never lacked appreciation of earth's beauty or failed to express it; who looked for the best in other's and gave the best he had.
peanut740
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by peanut740 »

Jerry isn't that one of those special 6175's?
Roger
zp4ja

Post by zp4ja »

peanut740 wrote:Jerry isn't that one of those special 6175's?
Exactly Roger. An infamous knife because the super rare examples are marked 6275 still like that one.
That man is a success who has lived well, laughed often and loved much; who leaves the world better than he found it; who never lacked appreciation of earth's beauty or failed to express it; who looked for the best in other's and gave the best he had.
espn77

Post by espn77 »

No. You guys are way off. This is a lunch box knife. Heck....even a beginner like me knows that. ::shrug::
peanut740
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by peanut740 »

tongueriver wrote:
tongueriver wrote:a Schrade 825 openstock frame with a Boker shield and some kind of Pakistani car-bumper blade thingies?
Well there were seven bidders for this worthless mutt and some guy with nearly 1900 ebay transactions was willing to pay just under $25 for it. It never ceases to amaze me how folk with hundreds of transactions under their belt continue to bid against themselves, over and over. It is ignorant to ever bid more than exactly once, a snipe bid in the last second of the auction. And then to do it with the view to buy this 'thing' as well? Bizarre. Ebay as theatre.
Cal,I almost always snipe. But I have made a token bid on A knife I want to keep some novice from selling it buy it now to someone.Always a knife worth quite a bit.
Roger
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

The 1/2 Moose listing needed to show a shot of the well so we can see how this occurred. If the clip sprig has been removed, it might be an interesting knife with just a spay blade. Seems like there were some trappers, the light weight 48, that was offered with just a spay blade.
I wouldn't mind having it but not for what he's askin'.
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
tongueriver

Post by tongueriver »

peanut740 wrote: Cal,I almost always snipe. But I have made a token bid on A knife I want to keep some novice from selling it buy it now to someone.Always a knife worth quite a bit.
Yes, I have opened with a bid to lock it in, also, but that does not keep sellers from violating the rules and selling BIN. Happens all the time. Very frustrating. Every time it happens I get to keep my money. :D

Return to “Counterfeit Watch”