Is Blade Even A Case Mfg?

A place to discuss & share pictures of counterfeit knives. Please be sure to alert the AAPK community if you spot one. Also make sure to ask questions if you are not certain about the authenticity of a knife you are considering buying or selling. There are plenty of great people here willing to help.
QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Is Blade Even A Case Mfg?

Post by QTCut5 »

I'm pretty sure the frame/handle of this knife is a Taylor Elk Horn Shark Knife because I have one exactly like it. But I'm wondering (and seriously doubtful) if the blade is even made by Case as the seller claims? I've never seen this type of blade on a Case knife.
FrankenCase.jpg
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-1912-19 ... 3060350252?

~Q~
~Q~
olderdogs1

Re: Is Blade Even A Case Mfg?

Post by olderdogs1 »

I saw that knife and like you recognized the Taylor frame. I suppose the blade could be a Case Bros blade with the two XX but no way to tell since he doesn't even show the stamp. Guys like that contribute to giving EBay a bad name. ::td:: ::td::

Tom
terryl308
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by terryl308 »

Q, first off I'm sure not an expert on old Case Bros knives, but it sure doesn't look like any old Case I've ever seen. The XX marks look more like a factory second mark, but who knows? It didn't sell anyway. ::handshake:: Terry
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by QTCut5 »

I sent the seller a message explaining that his knife was not what he was advertising it to be (in a friendly, helpful, concerned manner...not accusing him of fraud or intentional deceit). He removed the listing and thanked me for the information.

But, it really annoys me when a seller obviously knows nothing about what they're selling, so they just make up whatever BS they think will help it sell for maximum profit with absolutely no regard for accuracy or the truth of their claim. If you know nothing, at least have the decency to admit it, don't just spin a web of lies and slap a high asking price on it to give it the appearance of legitimacy.

At least he did remove the listing.

~Q~
~Q~
terryl308
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by terryl308 »

well done Q ::handshake:: Terry
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Return to “Counterfeit Watch”