Case Stockman Not Marked Correctly?z/

A place to discuss & share pictures of counterfeit knives. Please be sure to alert the AAPK community if you spot one. Also make sure to ask questions if you are not certain about the authenticity of a knife you are considering buying or selling. There are plenty of great people here willing to help.
lexrexus@fastmail.fm

Case Stockman Not Marked Correctly?z/

Post by lexrexus@fastmail.fm »

I have a Case Stockman 6375. The master tang is marked like '93 - '99, (Case with Scroll 'C')BUT the 's' in Case and that in USA are not the lightning 's' as shown in the dating charts that I have seen; AND none of the blades are marked 'SS' or 'CV,' it does have dots, 5.
Charts that I have seen only show lightning 'S's beyond '79 - and again, all 'S's on this knife are regular 'S's.
And, what might the worth of such a freak be in near-mint condition, never used, if a genuine Case mistake? ; and what is its worth as a counterfeit : and are counterfeits' markings, fit and finish usually so good (so good, save the missmatch of the markings, of course)?

I would like to add photos (thanx2Miller Bros. suggestion for this forum), but if I can't fig. how, these instructions following will get you to an old listing of the knife on ebay:

===============
Search/Advancd Srch/keywords 'case stockman'/undr 'Search Including' check 'completed listings'/scroll way down to 'Sellers' sectn. check 'Only show itms from:'/put bullet in circle by 'Specific sellers (enter seller's usr IDs)'/make sure 'include' is selected in first box/enter 'lexoverrex' in second box/@ bottm of page click 'Search.'
===============

::tu::
Thanks!!
knifeaholic
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Case Stockman Not Marked Correctly?z/

Post by knifeaholic »

Your knife is marked correctly. It is a knife with CV blades. Starting in 1990, Case used the rounded S on CV blades, and the "lightning" S on SS blades. At that time a stainless knife would have the SS in the pattern # and on the secondary blade tangs. However, Case did not start using the CV marking on CV knives until 1996.
Steve Pfeiffer, author of Collecting Case Knives: Identification and Price Guide published by Krause Publications.
lexrexus@fastmail.fm

Steve, Thank you! Funny I never noticed that detail - guess I need your book. I'll quote your post w/your name and a plug for your book next time I list the knife. Relieved!!! (And Case's site is pretty tacky on detail re. marking/dating, evidently!)

The ebay pics are superior.

Oops. Will try post the pics from phone .

You do have treasures for sale,Steve.

::ds::
knifeaholic
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by knifeaholic »

lexrexus@fastmail.fm wrote:Steve, Thank you! Funny I never noticed that detail - guess I need your book. I'll quote your post w/your name and a plug for your book next time I list the knife. Relieved!!! (And Case's site is pretty tacky on detail re. marking/dating, evidently!)

The ebay pics are superior.

Oops. Will try post the pics from phone .

You do have treasures for sale,Steve.

::ds::

BTW, a warm welcome to AAPK! Hope you stick around.
Steve Pfeiffer, author of Collecting Case Knives: Identification and Price Guide published by Krause Publications.
lexrexus@fastmail.fm

Re. above 6375;

[image] [/image] Oops.

I give up on getting the pics here.

Sorry.
DR_MAGOO

Post by DR_MAGOO »

lexrexus, Welcome to AAPK. Great question. Thanks Steve for the clarification.
XX Case XX

Post by XX Case XX »

lexrexus:

If you intend on collecting Case knives, get both of Steve's books. They are invaluable and you can retrieve that information in a moments notice before buying or bidding on a Case knife. They primarily pertain to folding Case knives.

It's a small price to pay for what could be years of collecting ahead, and the information in those books will never change. Steve is regarded as one of the "Premier Authorities" on WR Case & Sons.

Just a suggestion.
_________
Mike
"If there are no Dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went". Will Rogers

I work hard so my Dog can have a better life...
lexrexus@fastmail.fm

XX Case XX wrote:lexrexus:

If you intend on collecting Case knives, get both of Steve's books. They are invaluable and you can retrieve that information in a moments notice before buying or bidding on a Case knife. They primarily pertain to folding Case knives.

It's a small price to pay for what could be years of collecting ahead, and the information in those books will never change. Steve is regarded as one of the "Premier Authorities" on WR Case & Sons.

Just a suggestion.
_________
Mike
Sound advice, Mike, thank you!
Are knives still legal in California if you leave them home? (Rhetorical) : )

Return to “Counterfeit Watch”