REMINGTON R1173

A place to discuss & share pictures of counterfeit knives. Please be sure to alert the AAPK community if you spot one. Also make sure to ask questions if you are not certain about the authenticity of a knife you are considering buying or selling. There are plenty of great people here willing to help.
olderdogs1

Re: REMINGTON R1173

Post by olderdogs1 »

Thanks, Harold , Price and Zalesky say 3 1/2", I am always kind of surprised at the books. Sargents books have one of the measurements different than known authentic examples actually are. I have always wondered how they got the measurements they did. Not saying which is correct in this case because I sure don't know.

Tom
stockman
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by stockman »

Tom I don't know myself. I figured you had already look the length up trying to check your example out. There many
errors in the books, even a dummy like me has found a few. It is still fun trying to figure this stuff out.

Harold
J K WATSON

Post by J K WATSON »

btrwtr wrote:Here is an AAPK post with a real R1173. I've never owned one but I have had the chance to take a close look at one I considered authentic and near mint. There are some differences between the OP knife and this previous R1173 AAPK post.

http://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/kni ... 73#p392886
MrBlister wrote:TOM.. can ya add a bullet pic shot from straight ON . . looks a lill short but
the pic provided may be distorting it

gimme a HET PIC !!
::rotflol::

Return to “Counterfeit Watch”