Authentic Nazi knife signed by Adolf Hitler

A place to discuss & share pictures of counterfeit knives. Please be sure to alert the AAPK community if you spot one. Also make sure to ask questions if you are not certain about the authenticity of a knife you are considering buying or selling. There are plenty of great people here willing to help.
Miller Bro's
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Authentic Nazi knife signed by Adolf Hitler

Post by Miller Bro's »

kitt3nmitt3ns wrote:Here's the SS knife made by Utica I seen at SMKW the other day
I can`t believe SMKW has that on display as an official WWII German pocket knife ::uc::
AAPK Janitor
msteele6

Post by msteele6 »

Here is a knife I purchased off eBay not long ago. It is a Utica and as you can see it has the lightning bolt shield like the SMKW knife. These knives are not super uncommon, my guess is that Utica saw the symbol before the atrocities of the Nazi regime had come to light and decided to use it as a shield on their knives. Of course, any Nazi (and more especially any SS man) would be inclined to buy such a knife and carry it even though it wasn't official SS issue. All of the ones I've seen have the curved Utica marking which Goins' date to pre 1937. I'm guessing that not long after you couldn't have paid Utica to use a shield like that.

JMO
Attachments
UticaJack.jpg
Dragunski

Post by Dragunski »

The Utica knife is just a "Lightning Bolt" shield, it has nothing to do with the "SS". I have a cattle knife like that.
kitt3nmitt3ns

Post by kitt3nmitt3ns »

On the display I seen at SMKW everything was in German so I couldn't read any of it. Like you said msteele I'm sure some SS soldier got it because of that symbol after all of that stuff.
whit107

Post by whit107 »

msteele6 wrote:Here ius an authentic Nazi whittler signed by der Fuehrer himself - hurry up to get your bids in, the price is only up to $101. ::facepalm::

My guess is that Hitler signed these knives in the waning days of the Third Reich, probably in his bunker, as a means to raise money for his failing ambitions of global domination.

Almost forgot to add a link to this special auction: http://www.ebay.com/itm/AUTHENTIC-ANTIQ ... _49wt_1399
A old friend of mine brought this exact knife to me just the other day. He said it was given to him by his father and was a SS "dress knife". I just admired it, oiled the joints and handed it back. Didn't have the heart.
Life is far too short to carry a bad knife.
ole_muddy

Post by ole_muddy »

I've seen several (and owned a couple) of the Uticas with the "Lightning Bolt" shield. They have all had the Utica arched tang stamp which I believe is supposed to date it to 1937 or prior. I'm not a student of the Nazis, so just when did the SS start using the lightning bolt for a logo? I'm thinking it was 1937 when Brit PM Chamberlain gave into Hitler with his policy of "appeasement" but how strong was the SS at that time? All in all, I'm betting that Utica had nothing to do with the SS and any similarity at all is purely coincidental.

Eric
Dragunski

Post by Dragunski »

Apparently Seneca also used the Lightning Bolt shield as well as Utica. Here's one on Ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lot-of-6-Antiqu ... 3a896f4f32
Attachments
seneca bolt.jpg
Owd Wullie

Post by Owd Wullie »

Here are the missing "narzi" knife pics of that Utica stockman I had. I was contacted by a gent that wanted to buy it as he was sure I was wrong about it.

I sold it to him and figure he'll be happy with his "Narzi" knife.
Attachments
IMG_1940.jpg
IMG_1941.jpg
IMG_1944.jpg
IMG_1943.jpg
Member of The West Texas Chapter Of Gun Ownin', Pickup Truck Drivin', Jingoistic, Right Wing, History Changin', Huge Carbon Footprint Leavin' Conspirators.
Dull

Post by Dull »

Wasn't the "SS" insignia TWO lightning bolts next to each other...not just one? Frankly, it would never occur to me that this zig-zag had anything to with the the SS or Nazis.

But,...what do I know.
A dull blade is indicative of a dull mind.
tjmurphy

Post by tjmurphy »

Well Willie, you can buy 'em books and send them to school but all they want to do is eat the teacher ::facepalm:: Good to see ya postin'. Hope you all had a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year down there in the Lone Star State.
"There are none so blind as those that refuse to see"

God Bless America - Though I don't know why he would want to.
Owd Wullie

Post by Owd Wullie »

Dull, you are correct.

TJ!!

I still check into things here. Just ain't got a lot to say about much anymore. Christmas was COLD but we had a good one. Hope you and yours did too.
Member of The West Texas Chapter Of Gun Ownin', Pickup Truck Drivin', Jingoistic, Right Wing, History Changin', Huge Carbon Footprint Leavin' Conspirators.
Sixpak74

Post by Sixpak74 »

I have one, and actually going to give it to a friend.
Attachments
5D4F48AE-AA0F-4C74-B710-2BE462E35995.jpeg
americanedgetech

Post by americanedgetech »

The question of when the SS were formed was asked in this thread so I looked it up.

"Nazi Germany – SchutzStaffel SS. The SchutzStaffel or SS was formed in April 1925 as a section of the SA and functioned as a personal bodyguard for the NSDAP leader, Adolf Hitler. The SS was considered to be an elite force and membership was restricted to those who were pure Aryan Germans."
https://www.historyonthenet.com/nazi-ge ... taffel-ss/

They (the SS) were formed Before Utica used the shield.
Utica used one "bolt" so I doubt there was any correlation between the two. I lean towards soldiers liking the shield more so than any type of targeting by Utica. Who knows...
Ken Mc.

WTB Kershaw 2120 MACHO Lockback Parts knife
I need a pile side scale. THX!
zp4ja

Post by zp4ja »

Sixpak74 wrote:I have one, and actually going to give it to a friend.
Had one just like that my Dad got somehow that was fake. Hit it with 12 gauge 00 at 4 feet.

Pretty that one is not authentic either. It was identical.

Maybe other will have an opinion as to authenticity
That man is a success who has lived well, laughed often and loved much; who leaves the world better than he found it; who never lacked appreciation of earth's beauty or failed to express it; who looked for the best in other's and gave the best he had.
peanut740
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by peanut740 »

zp4ja wrote:
Sixpak74 wrote:I have one, and actually going to give it to a friend.
Had one just like that my Dad got somehow that was fake. Hit it with 12 gauge 00 at 4 feet.

Pretty that one is not authentic either. It was identical.

Maybe other will have an opinion as to authenticity
Those aren't old at all.I think they were made in the 1980's.
Roger
zp4ja

Post by zp4ja »

That is what I thought Roger.

Some sick tourist trinket, in my opinion.
That man is a success who has lived well, laughed often and loved much; who leaves the world better than he found it; who never lacked appreciation of earth's beauty or failed to express it; who looked for the best in other's and gave the best he had.
americanedgetech

Post by americanedgetech »

Look at any example of Hitler's signature... There is your answer.
Attachments
9282725_1.jpg
ADOLFHITLER1.jpg
ADOLFHITLER1.jpg (24.28 KiB) Viewed 3942 times
images.jpg
images.jpg (7.4 KiB) Viewed 3942 times
Ken Mc.

WTB Kershaw 2120 MACHO Lockback Parts knife
I need a pile side scale. THX!
alabama

Post by alabama »

there was a guy had one of these for sale for 11,000 dollars a while back on ebay-i told him I could buy them for under 4 dollars-and where to find them to look for his self-he told me his was real even though it looked new--sent him another message to take it to his local pawn shop and try to get 10 dollars ...
fergusontd

Post by fergusontd »

::woot:: I was offered a Hilary Clinton knife, autographed. It was only used once......to stab voters in the back. ftd
"A pocketknife is a man's best friend!"
knifegnome
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by knifegnome »

I had a guy at the flea market try to sell me one.Someone had drilled a hole in the swastikas and filled it with some white composition material . The man said it was officially De-Nazified and were the rarest.I tried to explain what they were but he wasn't convinced,he still wanted $250.I wish I had dollar for everyone I have seen.
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

I have one of the 'Nazi' knives like the O.P. knife back on page 1. I also have a "KKK" marked knife. I doubt i could even give them away.
kj
RobesonsRme.com
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by RobesonsRme.com »

I recall seeing dozens of boxes of KKK knives on Jim Parker's table at a knife show. They were all barlow pattern knives. Pretty sure they were made by Kaufmann or some other German maker, whose name started with a "K".

I recall black handles, but some might have been white. It was a long time ago.

Charlie
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

"...Men may spurn our appeals, reject our message, oppose our arguments, despise our persons ___but they are helpless against our prayers. "

Sidlow Baxter
alabama

Post by alabama »

today there was a real knife on e-bay will have to look see what it sold for--A LORENA BOBBIT WEENY WHACKER KNIFE-in scary looking original box...
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Yes, German made black handle KKK knife.
kj

Return to “Counterfeit Watch”