He's selling as a "parts knife"

A place to discuss & share pictures of counterfeit knives. Please be sure to alert the AAPK community if you spot one. Also make sure to ask questions if you are not certain about the authenticity of a knife you are considering buying or selling. There are plenty of great people here willing to help.
98src
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

He's selling as a "parts knife"

Post by 98src »

kootenay joe

Re: He's selling as a "parts knife"

Post by kootenay joe »

Vendor states: "I AM SELLING AS A PARTS KNIFE.THIS IS ONE AWSOME KNIFE"
Usually "parts knife" means a knife that is too broken to restore but could be taken apart and some of the parts used to repair another knife.
Here he seems to be using "parts knife" in place of the word "fake" ?
Maybe a Case collector could comment on this knife ?
kj
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Total, laughable fake. Jigging is not Case, looks like probably done with a dremel. Blades are not Case - compare the blade profile with a legitimate Case. (Also, Tested era 88 patterns typically - maybe all - had long pulls on the masters). Obvious cold stamps. The shield appears to be inset crooked. :lol: Garbage! ::td:: ::td::

Typical of the junk knives offered by “jazzygambling”. ::barf:: Why the B.S. about a “parts knife”? ::shrug::

Ken
Attachments
889D7D00-A307-49BC-8751-C6BD0E5EACCB.jpeg
889D7D00-A307-49BC-8751-C6BD0E5EACCB.jpeg (80.22 KiB) Viewed 2058 times
9442BE35-E4E6-46E0-8DFE-5E3DFB755CF8.jpeg
9442BE35-E4E6-46E0-8DFE-5E3DFB755CF8.jpeg (81.35 KiB) Viewed 2058 times
89DA6260-72E6-4DD8-BC73-26A0B6949D37.jpeg
89DA6260-72E6-4DD8-BC73-26A0B6949D37.jpeg (42.08 KiB) Viewed 2058 times
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Screenshot of the listing description-

Who pays over $200 for a "parts" knife??? ::shrug::
Attachments
Screenshot_20210722-183508.png
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
98src
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 98src »

I just looked at the rest of his knives on ebay and there are several more fakes. The most outlandish being a 6217 with wood scales with a crude CASE over XX stamp on a large razor shaped blade. https://www.ebay.com/itm/194249021024?h ... Swia9g9uUR
edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by edge213 »

He also says it's a lockback.
David
"Glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife" Meat Loaf
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

That is horrendous. ::barf:: ::barf:: ::barf:: Must be a prototype. 😵🚬
Attachments
Screenshot_20210722-212754.png

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Ken, thanks for pointing out some of the fake ascpects of this knife.
What amazes me is that there are some collectors who don't seem to care if a knife is fake. To them as long as the tang markings say "CASE" (or any other brand), then that is what the knife is.
kj
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Roland, once upon a time I too was that naive. I was so ignorant I assumed the knife was what the stamp said it was. I had no idea anyone would stoop so low as to counterfeit a pocket knife. ::facepalm:: The internet did not exist nor were there many reference books published at the time. Had I known any better, I would have cared. For that reason I believe there are many naive collectors who think as I once did. “Ignorance is bliss”.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

just bob

Post by just bob »

Does he put these together himself or does he buy them this way to resell them ? My guess is that he buys them. It actually takes skill, parts, that are very hard to find, and a lot of time to cobble as many fakes as he sells. Then where does he get this many?
“The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.” (Paulo Coelho)

Men make plans and God laughs

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

I’ve often wondered the same thing. I’ve also noticed a great many of these cobbled counterfeits are from sellers in Tennessee and Kentucky. Makes me think there must be a counterfeiters “guild” of sorts with a network of workers making them somewhere in that area. ::paranoid::

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

ea42

Post by ea42 »

Mumbleypeg wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:14 am I’ve often wondered the same thing. I’ve also noticed a great many of these cobbled counterfeits are from sellers in Tennessee and Kentucky. Makes me think there must be a counterfeiters “guild” of sorts with a network of workers making them somewhere in that area. ::paranoid::

Ken
Used to be a phrase for knives like that; "Kentucky Mint"

Eric
OLDE CUTLER
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by OLDE CUTLER »

just bob wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:50 am Does he put these together himself or does he buy them this way to resell them ? My guess is that he buys them. It actually takes skill, parts, that are very hard to find, and a lot of time to cobble as many fakes as he sells. Then where does he get this many?
Parts aren't that hard to find if you have a Case tang stamp to mark them with. lol
"Sometimes even the blind chicken finds corn"
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

I wish there was a way to block sellers on eBay, like this guy and the "everything for $__9.99" guy. Their listings just clog others that are legitimate that I might like to peruse.

just bob

Post by just bob »

There is; Ebay - Search - Advanced. Fill in the criteria for the items you want to search for such as Case Knife when you get to sellers you can include or exclude certain sellers from your search by user ID. Click save search when you are done. I forget the sellers name (Eugene Hundley?) but he was the guy that kept invoking the name of the Rhett Stidham estate in order to peddle his junk at highly inflated prices. I got tired of seeing them and blocked him from my searches. Hope others did as well.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.
just bob

Post by just bob »

Looking at this again and may have found an easier way. From any Ebay page search for Case Knives then click search. On the left look at the filters. Click on More Filters and from that menu select Sellers and use that option to include or exclude sellers from your search. Choose any other filters you desire and then Click on Save This Search up near the top center of the page when you are done and you will only have to repeat this process once. I have used these filters to keep foreign listings out of my searches. With the cost of S&H it makes shipping from overseas impractical for my purposes.

Kase's Kutlery Plus

Post by Kase's Kutlery Plus »

Mumbleypeg wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:14 am I’ve often wondered the same thing. I’ve also noticed a great many of these cobbled counterfeits are from sellers in Tennessee and Kentucky. Makes me think there must be a counterfeiters “guild” of sorts with a network of workers making them somewhere in that area. ::paranoid::

Ken
I would say your assumption is correct. Being someone that sells knives I've been contacted by all sorts on ebay. I had 1 person track me down on Facebook and they eventually got my phone number. They were always after parts knife. I never had a good feeling so I never completed a transaction with them. After awhile they started trying to sell me a bunch of rare knives. He was fairly tight lipped about his business but he had a route where he put a bunch of his cobbled knives for sale in various stores. I've watched as he peddled his cobbled junk via Facebook. He may be a member here. My last contact was when he outright said he could sell me a semi load of counterfeit knives and i declined. Haven't heard from him since but his location is Kentucky.

Return to “Counterfeit Watch”