I don't think so

A place to discuss & share pictures of counterfeit knives. Please be sure to alert the AAPK community if you spot one. Also make sure to ask questions if you are not certain about the authenticity of a knife you are considering buying or selling. There are plenty of great people here willing to help.
tongueriver

Re: I don't think so

Post by tongueriver »

Two more images. I think that it is a not particularly elderly Marbles. ? I would love to hear from the experts.
fake11.jpg
fake12.jpg
Gunsil

Post by Gunsil »

Cal, knife was made by Kinfolks. Aluminum half guard is a major "tell", and Kinfolks made the same model for Case and themselves. I think it may be a right knife, the thing I don't like is that it has what appears to be a Kinfolks model number which is usually not seen on their contract knives. Kinfolks did make contract knives for twenty or more other companies. I wish it had the original sheath, it would give us another clue. The only other Schrade Cut fixed blades I have seen are bone slab sided small hunters with SCCO as the mark. I think those were made by Camillus as I don't think Schrade Cut made any fixed blades themselves. I think Schrade Walden's first fixed blade was the pilot survival knife of the early 1950s. Maybe Eric will weigh in on this one.
btrwtr
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by btrwtr »

I also think the knife is correct for the reasons Gene has pointed out. I've seen a few knives marked Schrade Cut that appeared, like this knife, to be made by Kinfolks. This is the first of this pattern that I have seen but I do not doubt it being correct. The entire handle guard to pommel appear to be Kinfolks. If indeed real and right it would be a very hard to find knife. Similar to a Kinfolks K380 but not quite the same.
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.

Wayne

Please visit My AAPK store https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/catalog/btrwtr
tongueriver

Post by tongueriver »

Wonderful information from the exact two folk which I had hoped would chime in. I am not going to bid on it because, although I like Kinfolks and love Schrade, I don't get very excited about woodcraft pattern knives. I certainly think about rarity when I buy a knife, but it is down a few priority places from certain other variables. When two or three all come together, then I jump, and sometimes jump high. Good luck to the good soul who sees this one! ::tu:: Meanwhile, to all my Friends and any enemies, have a safe and prosperous Independence Day; I am so grateful to be in America.
glennbad
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by glennbad »

Hmm, looks very "clean". What is interesting is I have a Schrade cut fixed blade, an old one, that has 365 pattern number on the back. That one pictured has a 360, so I suppose it's possible this one is legit from that era.
Gunsil

Post by Gunsil »

You are correct Glenn, yours would also be a Kinfolks product. On Kinfolks hunters the first digit is handle material, 3 is for leather, 5 is for stag.
knifegnome
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by knifegnome »

Did you check out his other knife, He has the very rare 1123/1613 Remington combo bullet knife , No issues or flaws. ::facepalm:: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Reming ... Sw6BpeqNFZ
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

The bone on the Remington Fish knife does not look like the bone i have seen on other Remington knives. Color and jigging don't seem right. I have little Remington experience so i hope someone else will comment.
kj
btrwtr
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by btrwtr »

The so called Remington bone fish knife is more of a turd than a knife. BAD knife.
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.

Wayne

Please visit My AAPK store https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/catalog/btrwtr
98src
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 98src »

The blade etch is bad as well as the pattern number.
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Thanks for the input on the Remington Turd knife. I already have enough Turds.
kj

Return to “Counterfeit Watch”